Marvell Semiconductor Interview Questions in Bengaluru | Glassdoor

3.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Recently got contacted by a recruiter for a position in Marvell Bangalore office. Phone and face-to-face discussion went pretty well, then came the surprise. I was amused to see callous behaviour of the HR guy(Amar) from their Pune office. Never saw such worthless HR professional in my life. Most of the time he won't reply to mails or any query, you need to call him 3-4 times to know the update. He refused to do any negotiation on the worthless package they offered even after knowing very well beforehand what were my expectations in terms of compensation and benefit. It seemed they care more about saving money than hiring folks with solid technical skills. I will never recommend anyone to deal with this particular HR guy from Marvell.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Three rounds of interview each of 45 mins
    Taken by three different people
    Long interview process
    No response for 3 months
    Again got call saying one round of technical interview and one with US HR
    Got good feedback but no offer
    Very slow and irritating process

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process comprise of two telephonic interview and two face-to-face interview. The interviewers seem to be knowledgeable. Initial telephonic interviews were conducted by other automation engineer and team lead. Face-to-face interviews were conducted by hiring manager and HR.

Interview Questions

• Various questions on system architecture, python, algorithm, data structures.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

telephonic interview followed by f2f interview and then hr round. more than 6 round of techincal interview. and most are on design, fifo design clock domain crossing telephonic interview followed by f2f interview and then hr round. more than 6 round of techincal interview. and most are on design, fifo design clock domain crossing

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

The interviewers seemed pretty cool & were encouraging so that i can find the solutions to the problems at hand. It's a pretty tricky process & you need to know in & out of stuff you are taking about or else you are screwed. Advice- Be very confident & a bit cocky.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The HR is bad & doesn't allow negotiation.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

Nice, very friendly manager, he was very helpful and asked assisted in getting to the answers. Then next interview was with the director and he was more interested in the attitude of the candidate. Then final round was the HR round, basically discussed the salary

Staff Engineer Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Takes a hell lot of time to provide offer. It goes all the way up to CEO for approval. Some times people will be working in their new company by the time they receive offer.

Applications Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2010.

Interview

Very slow process. Took 3 months until the offer was made. The HR interview was the worst. The HR does not prefer to talk face-to-face, but prefers negotiation over phone calls.
    The technical interview by itself, was not too challenging and consisted of regular C programming assignments and basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Swap a character array without using additional memory/buffers.   Answer Question

Member Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2009.

Interview

The HR called me up to fix up an interview with them.
    I got a call from the lead there and he mainly asked me on the kind of work that I had done at the previous company. Many questions on VLSI fundamentals. Then there was a face to face with the manager. It turned out to be more of a soft skills interview, followed by another round of tech-stuff from another lead from their design house.
    I felt that they asked lots of analytical questions..