Marvell Semiconductor Design Verification Engineer Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Referred by the employee in the group. It takes only 1 week to proceed. Most people are nice. The interview takes 8 hours including 1 hour for lunch. You must be prepared.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1 is heavier than the other 5 marbles among 6 mables . given a weight to find the heavier one.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen (2) by hiring manager + junior employee (<3 years out of college).
    Manager asks conceptual and higher level questions. Junior employee asks coding questions (dictates a piece of code and asks questions on that (SystemVerilog)
    Have to fill out online profile and NDA before going onsite.
    Onsite interview start with meeting HR person who collects compensation information and asks questions like why you left each of your previous employers, why you are applying now, what other companies you are talking to, what factors you will use to decide the offer etc. Later met with hiring manager (heads design+verif), 1 design engineer and 2 verif engineers (junior+senior).
    Hiring Manager asks high level questions: e.g where will you place coverage collection for stimulus applied to DUT (monitor Vs driver)
    Junior verif person asks more coding questions and Behavioural interview (how to deal w/ diffcult person, failures in past etc)
    Design engineer asks some Verilog question and how to test a particular design.
    I give all of them an A for the interview.
    Other Sr Verif engineer was extremely challenged even to speak couple of sentences in English. He just thrust a piece of paper in front of me typed with a couple of questions. They had non standard terminology and despite repeated requests to explain the terms refused to do so. He kept repeating "just read the question and answer it". After some time I figured out what was the question and gave the answer. He claimed the answer was wrong and asked me to try again. After I came back I googled and found that my answer was correct. He could have moved on to additional questions and had a better/larger sample to make a decision, but stuck with the 2 questions throughout the 45 minute interview. This person should have been trained and lacked basic communication/interview skills in English.

Be prepared for coding questions (some code w/ bug in it etc) regardless of how experienced you are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

There were total 5 ppl included the HR. And it took about 5 more hours. Each interviewer took about an hour to talked with me, and all the questions are technical based. Some of them from my project experience and some of them are design aspect and some of them are from verification field.

Interview Questions

• Describe your task and what you achieved in your project?   1 Answer
    • how to balance the pipeline stage to achieve any specific time period?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The position was for a mixed signal design verification engineer. It was a pretty tough interview. They asked everything from software to hardware possible in the resume. Methodologies for verification, software concepts related to simulator design. Data structures. Analog concepts from DACs to PLL's and verilog-A concepts....

Interview Questions

• Transfer function of a simple VCO   1 Answer
    • question on packet transfer inside of test bench from generator to driver... (system verilog concepts)   Answer Question