Marvell Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Marvell Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

3.1

Interview

Phone screen interview and full day on-site technical interview
    Need to disclose GPA even for experienced professional. If you are under 3.5/4.0 then you will not able to have the interview.
    People are much nicer than other competing companies. Not too tricky or trying to find the interviewee's weakness as other companies.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My resume was referred to CPU group through an alumni from umich. Around 1 months after I submitted my resume, I got an email from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the phone interview. The phone interview took half an hour. One logic engineer asked me some basic questions about 5 stage in order pipeline and something about my resume. After 2 weeks came the invitation for onsite interviewIt. It took half day for meeting 5 people. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 5 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Interview Questions

• Do we need PC to index second level table of branch predictor (i.e. pattern history table)? Why? What if bits of PC more than bits to index to pattern history table?   1 Answer
    • How can we use PRF to implement CMOV instruction?   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in February 2016.

Interview

Never got back. The recruiters seem to avoid certain schools. Too bad they can't sniff the best of talent from state schools. I had a friend who was never called back but a month later he got into Apple. Wake up Marvell recruiters. It's time for you guys to give every fresh graduate a fair opportunity.

The int process was fairly exhaustive and pretty disappointing.

Software Guy Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

it was friendly as I am a pretty senior guy and it was obvious to interviewers that I knew my stuff. They asked what I have done and there were no tricky technical questions at all. Though I had heard differently. The interviewers did not come prepared and they were sharing the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you have done   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied this position on line last year . I have received a phone interview last week and there will be a phone interview this week. Asked the basic questions about the ASIC design and questions about the resume. Clock skew and jitter.Blocking and nonblocking. Setup and hold time question. Some basic question about the DFT. STA.

Interview Questions

• Describe the basic flow of DFT and the problem you met in the project   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

45 minute phone interview. Applied online through the portal. Received a call to fix the interview. One day process. Prepare for the basics of Computer architecture and digital design. It was an decent interview, the interviewer was fair and to the point. He asked questions, helped me through the tough problems. Still awaiting the results. It was thorough recap of all BE and MS subjects that related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions, Computer architecture questions, digital design questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

Applied through my college job search engine. Some phone calls with the managers and then a skype interview. Discussed my resume and projects. I got asked programming questions. The interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions, some coding challenges. Mostly to understand computer science concepts   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Marlboro, MA).

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted by the "operations" manager who conducted an hour long technical phone interview covering general knowledge of hardware and software. This was followed by an on-site one-on-one interview with 6 others over 4+ hours. Most questions involved coding on the white board. Most of the interviewers were professional and pleasant, a couple were the ones one wouldn't want to work with. At the start of the on-site interview, the operations manager did indicate that the company has undergone a recent reduction in force and reorganization.

Interview Questions

• Several coding questions that were not very difficult. Some design and architecture questions were open ended and vague; frustrating to ferret out what exactly they were looking for.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

Got a phone call and asked a lot of about computer architecture stuff. Then ask a technical question as below. Overall experience is good. But Marvell recruiting seems not as professional as other companies.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, phone screen with the hiring manager (and another manager on the team), on-site interview. During the on-site interview they walked me around the campus and I interviewed with both managers and peers. The whole process was very drawn out and in between the steps there was little follow up. After two months of not hearing anything after the interview process the recruiter finally followed up to say that they were interested in extending an offer. However, because their hiring process was so disorganized and I had all but completely forgotten about them by that time, I declined to move forward.