Marvell Semiconductor Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Marvell Semiconductor Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter first and then scheduled an onsite interview.
    After that, I waited for about two weeks to get the notification. The process
    is very smooth. The recruiter is very helpful during the process. I get this
    opportunity through the employee referral. So the process is quite fast.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

there is some phone interviews, some engineers called me and asked a lot of questions, they give me a lot of time to find the answers, I can ask anyone for the answer, some questions do not have an answer, because there are no answer for these questions, do not understand why they ask questions which do not have answers

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

first i got a telephonic screening. it was easy, just based on my resume and school projects.
    then i was called for an onsite. it was from 9:30 am to 5 pm.
    i had a total of 9 interviews including one with the recruiter.
    i had heard that Marvell have quite formal work culture, but my experience was quite bad.
    two of my interviewers did not show up. upon calling, they came to know that they were off that day.
    so, they substituted someone else in their place.
    one of my interviewer dint even remember that there was an interview. he went home during lunch time when he was scheduled to take me for lunch. anyways , he showed up when i was almost done with lunch and he felt sorry to the other person who took to me to lunch instead .
     a few others were really nice.
    the questions they asked were quite relevant and tricky.
    but i dint like the work environment and i was dissappointed by the unprofessional attitude of some people .
    i took a day off my work to go for this interview.
    but anyways they dint offer me the job !!

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

A while back, I applied for this position. I received a call for this position while I was in my office. I promptly asked the human resources to call me back another time and she agreed. I never heard from her again. Talk about being professional!!

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

First phone interview, then on-site interview. In the onsite interview, five engineers interviewed me and two of them are managers/project leads. Each interview took 45 minutes. The process was smooth and the accommodation was good. I had a lunch there. The food is good. After a month, I received the offer in phone,

Interview Questions

• The interview covers static timing analysis and optimization, verilog coding, logic design puzzles like using MUX to achieve XOR gate.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

This interview is for a entry level engineer job. HR first, introducing the benefits. followed up with five one on one interviews, three director, one hiring manger and one staff engineer. Most of the question were based on resume, some are based on their group project.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It is a job fair. After submitting the resume, everyone gets a test paper with several problems. No time limit. Just return it to the technical staff when you are done.

Interview Questions

• To draw a schematic for FIFO   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Clock domain crossing
    verilog about the differences between blocking/non- blocking assignments
    points you list on your resume
    basic ALU questions
    Truth table and k-maps
    frequency divider and counters
    DFF with synchronized reset and asynchronized reset verilog codes
    FIFO synchronized and asynchronized

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First of all, the recruiter just reach me through the email. And then we went through one-round technical phone interview, including asking me something about the asic flow, verilog. About two weeks later, I got a notification that I passed the phone round, and we reserved a skype interview including 4 rounds. 4 rounds include basic concepts and some verilog coding.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It only took 4 days from the phone interview to the onsite interview. Most of the interview questions are technical. I was also asked about projects that I have done in school as well as at my previous job. The people who interviewed me were quite nice and respectful. Although it took a few weeks from the onsite interview to the offer letter, it was a good experience overall.