Marvell Semiconductor Senior SQA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior SQA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Marlborough, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

You will only be considered for employment here if you graduated from a top tier university and had a GPA of at least 3.5, regardless of how long ago it was or what your professional achievements have been since then. If you didn't have a 3.5 GPA, don't even bother applying unless the top guy has left. Even the receptionist had to be personally approved by the top guy and was held to these standards.

Everyone was professional and overall my experience was positive. Communication was prompt and courteous. Office culture depends on the group you join. Management is "old school" and a suit is a good idea, though once you're in the door it would appear to be more casual. Be smart without being conceited and stay positive.

The SQA manager has no engineering background and does not "get it." She thinks "widgets is widgets" applies to software and prefers manual testing to investing in developing automated testing suites; she thinks buttons must be physically pushed in order to properly exercise any of the software. She does not appreciate how quality needs to be built into the product from the start. Apparently some development groups understand that and others don't.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a problem involving assembler and binary arithmetic that essentially came down to "What is 01 AND 10"?   1 Answer
  • I was asked some questions about my perl knowledge.   1 Answer