Marvell Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvell Semiconductor Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Marvell Semiconductor

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in August 2008.

Interview

Met first with the HR recruiter on-site. The recuriter was the one who arranged everything. He was passionate about promoting his company and totally professional and delight to talk to. The first technical interview was with a senior engineering manager. Then a team lead, after the interview, I felt that they took adavantage of what I shared regarding lots of my knowledge on the specific product and design problems they wanted to resolve.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Marlborough, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

An Engineering manager got in touch with me and set up a phone interview. The interview was easy and I was able to answer all questions put forth to me. After a couple of weeks and a few reminders, the HR asked me for my resume and transcripts. The next day, the engineering manager whom I had interviewed with, sent me an email saying that I was not selected for the next step in the process. Got no response when I asked for the reason I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Dangling pointers, virtual destructors, interrupts in OS, questions on pointers, Basically if you have read a C, C++ and an OS book, the interview should really be easy. Its just based on what you know, rather than questions that require you to solve.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone call and ask something about the projects already done, and ask some problem related to C and C++

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It had 4 rounds and was easy. They wanted people with basic understanding of Wireless LANs.They asked questions about protocols and features. A couple of programming questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about wireless LAN   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Technical phone interview for about an hour and half touching various topics - RTOS, embedded systems, coding, logic. Got invited onsite.
    Had 6 rounds of 1-1 interviews with focus on projects, communication, previous work experience, and generic coding conceptual questions. Everything went well and positive. I was asked to wait for 10 days and had a positive feeling from the interview.
    Wasn't contacted and upon follow up, got notified that the job position has been canceled.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

Applied through my college job search engine. Some phone calls with the managers and then a skype interview. Discussed my resume and projects. I got asked programming questions. The interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions, some coding challenges. Mostly to understand computer science concepts   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in July 2010.

Interview

The on-site interview is smooth. Reasonable questions related with previous experience. Meet with very nice and smart people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in June 2010.

Interview

Manager called me for my online application(about my projects experience).
    2 weeks later onsite with 3 engineer and the group manager(lunch with him).
    Questions:
    1 write malloc with assignment
    2 count 1s in an int number
    3 implement strstr

Interview Questions

• 1 write malloc with assignment
      2 count 1s in an int number
      3 implement strstr   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor.

Interview

Short process, 1 day of interviews by 3 senior guys

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given with a number and accepted

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview

Most of are questions are related to computer architecture and projects list on resume

Interview Questions

• What is Reorder Buffer used for   1 Answer
    • What is write through cache   1 Answer