Marvell Technology ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvell Technology ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen interview and full day on-site technical interview
Need to disclose GPA even for experienced professional. If you are under 3.5/4.0 then you will not able to have the interview.
People are much nicer than other competing companies. Not too tricky or trying to find the interviewee's weakness as other companies.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied this position on line last year . I have received a phone interview last week and there will be a phone interview this week. Asked the basic questions about the ASIC design and questions about the resume. Clock skew and jitter.Blocking and nonblocking. Setup and hold time question. Some basic question about the DFT. STA.

Interview Questions

• Describe the basic flow of DFT and the problem you met in the project   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview of around 45 minutes. Focused entirely on linear pipeline and Out of Order Pipeline principles. The second round was a face to face interview at Santa Clara. 4.5hrs of interview (45 minutes per interviewer), was completely technical focussing on FSm, Verilog design, Cache and Tomasulo Out of order implementation.

Interview Questions

• 1st Round : Talked about RAW,WAW and WAR hazards and how is it solved/handled in both linear and OoO pipelines. Structural hazards caused and handled in OoO pipelines.
      2nd Round: Was interviewed by 5 interviewers (45 minutes with each). Focussed entirely on my resume. Asked in depth questions on Tomasulo out of Order Implementation and Multi Clock Domain Fifo Design. Some of the questions were on Sequence Detectors, Simple Verilog design questions, Frequency Dividers and circuitry design.
      One of the interviewers gave a scenario and asked to wite a code to validate the integrity of the circuit (to test our VERIFICATION thinking ).
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply online for intern. It took around 10 days to get the email to tell I took 30 min interview for the intern. The question is all about cache part. I didn't prepare very well. Some question I answered is not quite well.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Phone interview for very basic digital design question i.e. setup/hold time, max clock frequency, and some project questions. Received onsite interview after 2 weeks, asked very detailed on my verilog project, fsm, fifo, cross domain clock, little perl and OOP.

Interview Questions

• never learned perl before so did not answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

phone interview -- just general question because i got refer from my friends
    onsite interview -- got me email from HR to arrange my interview date and time
    i had 5 people for interview
    most of them were nice, but one guy was very annoying. i coudn't understand his question, so i asked again. but he was angry because i asked again.
    had a lunch with them and talk about general question

Interview Questions

• clock divider / mealy vs moor fsm / through my resume project / setup time hold time   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online and after several weeks, I got phone interview. It is about ASIC design/verification. My background is more focus on Verification of microprofessor, FPGA. Not very familiar with ASIC flow.so it is very important for background match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an onsite interview as I was in Santa Clara itself. I gave first onsite with 3 engineers. After 15-20 days I received call for another onsite with 4 engineers. The interviews were pretty basic stuff related to Verilog basics, FSM Design, FIFO related questions as well as on the resume. After 2nd onsite I waited for 2 months but I did not get any reply from HR or recruiter. Finally when I contacted manager, I was told that they had already selected some other candidate. They seriously should learn some professionalism and have the courtesy to give an update to someone who gave 2 onsite interviews. Totally disappointed with the process speed as well communication.

Interview Questions

• Verilog tasks and functions, FSM Design, FIFO Depth, some system verilog questions.   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

First a 45-min phone interview and then followed by a 3-hour Skype interview(which was an 'onsite' inverview, still feel not comfortable they were not willing to provide an actual onsite interview)

Interview Questions

• How does Cadence Encounter solve setup time violations before CTS   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

I submitted job application 8 months ago online. No HR contacted. Directly contacted by hiring manager and setup one phone call about 45 min, then onsite interview about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• How many data bits needed to represent A*B+C, all are 8 bit unsigned   5 Answers