Marvell Technology Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview at first. The phone interview lasted about half an hour and recruiter mainly asked questions about the projects in resume. The recruiter seemed like satisfied with my performance and told me that he will recommend me to the next round. Then I received an onsite interview invitation about 10 days later. But hr informed me that this position required knowledge about analog design while me focus is digital design. So I did bad in the onsite interview and only had 2 rounds (there suppose to be 5 rounds). Onsite interview asked a lot about digital design, such as pll. So passing the phone interview is not always a good thing, the position is not a good fit for me and this experience is a waste of time.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen interview and full day on-site technical interview
    Need to disclose GPA even for experienced professional. If you are under 3.5/4.0 then you will not able to have the interview.
    People are much nicer than other competing companies. Not too tricky or trying to find the interviewee's weakness as other companies.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My resume was referred to CPU group through an alumni from umich. Around 1 months after I submitted my resume, I got an email from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the phone interview. The phone interview took half an hour. One logic engineer asked me some basic questions about 5 stage in order pipeline and something about my resume. After 2 weeks came the invitation for onsite interviewIt. It took half day for meeting 5 people. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 5 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Interview Questions

• Do we need PC to index second level table of branch predictor (i.e. pattern history table)? Why? What if bits of PC more than bits to index to pattern history table?   1 Answer
    • How can we use PRF to implement CMOV instruction?   1 Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2016.

Interview

Never got back. The recruiters seem to avoid certain schools. Too bad they can't sniff the best of talent from state schools. I had a friend who was never called back but a month later he got into Apple. Wake up Marvell recruiters. It's time for you guys to give every fresh graduate a fair opportunity.

The int process was fairly exhaustive and pretty disappointing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have applied this position on line last year . I have received a phone interview last week and there will be a phone interview this week. Asked the basic questions about the ASIC design and questions about the resume. Clock skew and jitter.Blocking and nonblocking. Setup and hold time question. Some basic question about the DFT. STA.

Interview Questions

• Describe the basic flow of DFT and the problem you met in the project   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Got a phone call and asked a lot of about computer architecture stuff. Then ask a technical question as below. Overall experience is good. But Marvell recruiting seems not as professional as other companies.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview the other day directly from a current employee from their CPU group. He asked me about the basic concepts in computer architecture and it was not very hard. Also, he asked a lot about work experiences showed on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview of around 45 minutes. Focused entirely on linear pipeline and Out of Order Pipeline principles. The second round was a face to face interview at Santa Clara. 4.5hrs of interview (45 minutes per interviewer), was completely technical focussing on FSm, Verilog design, Cache and Tomasulo Out of order implementation.

Interview Questions

• 1st Round : Talked about RAW,WAW and WAR hazards and how is it solved/handled in both linear and OoO pipelines. Structural hazards caused and handled in OoO pipelines.
      2nd Round: Was interviewed by 5 interviewers (45 minutes with each). Focussed entirely on my resume. Asked in depth questions on Tomasulo out of Order Implementation and Multi Clock Domain Fifo Design. Some of the questions were on Sequence Detectors, Simple Verilog design questions, Frequency Dividers and circuitry design.
      One of the interviewers gave a scenario and asked to wite a code to validate the integrity of the circuit (to test our VERIFICATION thinking ).
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply online for intern. It took around 10 days to get the email to tell I took 30 min interview for the intern. The question is all about cache part. I didn't prepare very well. Some question I answered is not quite well.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Phone interview for very basic digital design question i.e. setup/hold time, max clock frequency, and some project questions. Received onsite interview after 2 weeks, asked very detailed on my verilog project, fsm, fifo, cross domain clock, little perl and OOP.

Interview Questions

• never learned perl before so did not answer.   1 Answer