Marvell Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

45 minute phone interview. Applied online through the portal. Received a call to fix the interview. One day process. Prepare for the basics of Computer architecture and digital design. It was an decent interview, the interviewer was fair and to the point. He asked questions, helped me through the tough problems. Still awaiting the results. It was thorough recap of all BE and MS subjects that related to the role.

Interview Questions

• Resume questions, Computer architecture questions, digital design questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Applied through my college job search engine. Some phone calls with the managers and then a skype interview. Discussed my resume and projects. I got asked programming questions. The interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions, some coding challenges. Mostly to understand computer science concepts   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Marlboro, MA).

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted by the "operations" manager who conducted an hour long technical phone interview covering general knowledge of hardware and software. This was followed by an on-site one-on-one interview with 6 others over 4+ hours. Most questions involved coding on the white board. Most of the interviewers were professional and pleasant, a couple were the ones one wouldn't want to work with. At the start of the on-site interview, the operations manager did indicate that the company has undergone a recent reduction in force and reorganization.

Interview Questions

• Several coding questions that were not very difficult. Some design and architecture questions were open ended and vague; frustrating to ferret out what exactly they were looking for.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Got a phone call and asked a lot of about computer architecture stuff. Then ask a technical question as below. Overall experience is good. But Marvell recruiting seems not as professional as other companies.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, phone screen with the hiring manager (and another manager on the team), on-site interview. During the on-site interview they walked me around the campus and I interviewed with both managers and peers. The whole process was very drawn out and in between the steps there was little follow up. After two months of not hearing anything after the interview process the recruiter finally followed up to say that they were interested in extending an offer. However, because their hiring process was so disorganized and I had all but completely forgotten about them by that time, I declined to move forward.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a phone interview the other day directly from a current employee from their CPU group. He asked me about the basic concepts in computer architecture and it was not very hard. Also, he asked a lot about work experiences showed on my resume.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview of around 45 minutes. Focused entirely on linear pipeline and Out of Order Pipeline principles. The second round was a face to face interview at Santa Clara. 4.5hrs of interview (45 minutes per interviewer), was completely technical focussing on FSm, Verilog design, Cache and Tomasulo Out of order implementation.

Interview Questions

• 1st Round : Talked about RAW,WAW and WAR hazards and how is it solved/handled in both linear and OoO pipelines. Structural hazards caused and handled in OoO pipelines.
      2nd Round: Was interviewed by 5 interviewers (45 minutes with each). Focussed entirely on my resume. Asked in depth questions on Tomasulo out of Order Implementation and Multi Clock Domain Fifo Design. Some of the questions were on Sequence Detectors, Simple Verilog design questions, Frequency Dividers and circuitry design.
      One of the interviewers gave a scenario and asked to wite a code to validate the integrity of the circuit (to test our VERIFICATION thinking ).
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview were face to face over one day and prior to this many phone interview. You meet colleagues and managers and product people. Telephone interviews were done over several days due to peoples diaries.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little negotiation was possible

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Ann Arbor, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I apply online for intern. It took around 10 days to get the email to tell I took 30 min interview for the intern. The question is all about cache part. I didn't prepare very well. Some question I answered is not quite well.

CAD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for another position online but the manager was interested in my background. Emailed me the second day after I submitted the application and schedule a phone interview the next week. Two weeks later got a 5 hour Skype interview. Now waiting for CEO to sign off. Their hiring process moves really slowly...

Interview Questions

• Process Technology, basic VLSI knowledge, semiconductor devices principles and effects, programming skills, and most importantly very detailed questions about the course projects. Some behavioral questions such as how to deal with stress, what are your shortcomings.   Answer Question