Marvell Technology Design Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

104 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

phone interview about 30 mins

Interview Questions

• Asked about FIFO, cache, pipeline, Computer architecture, logic design, testbench   Answer Question

Interview

4 rounds, one hr and three technical. Generally good. They asked questions about the resume, one interviewer asked a lot of basic circuit problem, like how to draw an inverter(transistor level), state machine, etc.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are just normal, like state machine, timing, clock gating.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2014.

Interview

I've applied online at Jan. and wait 2-3 months to get this phone interview. One guy from Marvell emailed me and set a time to call (so I choose the next day's afternoon). And that guy called on time. The whole time of this phone interview is about 50min, and he asked about 8 questions.

Interview Questions

• How to check if a fabricated chip has a hold time violation, and how to fix it.   3 Answers

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

First HR sent an email asking about general questions like work authorization and relocation. It's preview inquiry. Then if you are qualified they will contact you within two weeks. You will answer the email's questions and tell HR more about yourself to be qualified to the job. After that it's the phone call interview.

Interview Questions

• Question about verilog function and task, the functionality and difference   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, asked about projects on the resume. Then asked about MESI protocol. Then Onsite interview. There are 5 people. First one asked basic CPU questions, such as 5 stage pipelined CPU. Second one asked me about reorder buffer in the out of order processor and load store queue. Third one asked about waveform questions. The last two asked me about some verilog questions.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Campus writing interview first. Questions about VLSI circuit design. Then move on to on-site interview. On-site interview is going through all the projects in the resume. Didn't get offer at last. The entire process takes about two months.

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Submit resume on Linkedin and received phone interview about 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about 5-stage Pipeline, Cache Coherence, Out-of-Order processor   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

A phone interview: first asked my education background. Then asked some analog circuit questions: a common source amplifier, a feedback circuit. Also asked the efficiency of class D amplifier(had no idea about that).

Interview Questions

• Had no idea about the efficiency of class D amp, I didn't learn it.   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. They gave me two phone interviews of two positions. The first one is logic design position, the questions are all about computer architecture: branch predictor, forward, pipeline, what is cache, cache coherence, etc. For the first interview, I was asked about more than 15 questions. Lucky, I spent 3 hours reading the CA book before interview. For the design verification interview, I haven't prepared at all since I didn't know that it was a verification position, all the questions about programing were not answered well. It has been three weeks since the interview, I received no responses.

Interview Questions

• For the design verification interview, I haven't prepared at all since I didn't know that it was a verification position, all the questions about programing were not answered well.   Answer Question