Marvell Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.1

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online for several positions in December 2013 and was emailed by the hiring manager after ~ 6 weeks about a Sr. Product Manager position. After a 30 minute amicable phone interview which I passed, the on-site interview at Marvell HQ occurred 1 week later. The on-site interviews were fairly intense: I interviewed with the hiring manager (again) + 4 others for 45 minutes each. The next day, the hiring manager confirmed I had made a good impression but Marvell was in the early stages of their search and need to conduct diligence on several more candidates. This diligence was basically a delay of 5 weeks as they undoubtedly conducted a bunch more interviews with others until I heard back from them and then a second onsite interview for 2 more hours and 3 more people occurred. Each multiple week delay was basically using me as a baseline to see if anyone they liked better came along.

A week after the second on site interview, Marvell insinuated I would be offered the job once I completed Marvell's on-line application, provided pay information form my current employer (even though they had this info. verbally from day #1) and a thorough background & legal/education check of me was processed. But a job was not offered. After 3 more weeks of delays, HR only after a request by me stated 'The team has decided to move forward with another candidate. We will reach out if anything changes.'. That's it- No rationale was given for the decision. Based on Glassdoor reviews by current/former Marvell employees I firmly believe the dismissal of me was due to Marvell not wanting to pay even what I was making at my current employer. The entire process was too lengthy, required multiple days off on my part to travel to them and they offered little feedback in return. To top it all off, Marvell has not yet repaid me the ~$200 reimbursement I submitted 4+ weeks ago nor provided from the background check agency a copy of the legal documentation and review they supported conducted on me - they have my personal information but have not yet provided me a copy of my own information... Marvell's reputation of being cheap on pay and bennies is warranted fully.

Interview Questions

• A Marketing Director asked me several detailed technical questions about Marvell's PCI-Express based Controllers even though my background was clear that I didn't have heavy depth in this area. After a set of satisfactory answers to his own admission he continued to probe deeper until I guess he received an answer not to his liking. IMO a waste of time to probe this deep on an area the candidate doesn't yet own.   Answer Question

Systems Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Submit resume on Linkedin and received phone interview about 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about 5-stage Pipeline, Cache Coherence, Out-of-Order processor   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

applied online. HR passed my resume to a group, probably a senior engineer set a phone interview. The feedback is okay, but I haven't heard anything further from it yet.

Interview Questions

• It was a group dealing with timing, so basically some tools related to timing analysis.   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

A phone interview: first asked my education background. Then asked some analog circuit questions: a common source amplifier, a feedback circuit. Also asked the efficiency of class D amplifier(had no idea about that).

Interview Questions

• Had no idea about the efficiency of class D amp, I didn't learn it.   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. They gave me two phone interviews of two positions. The first one is logic design position, the questions are all about computer architecture: branch predictor, forward, pipeline, what is cache, cache coherence, etc. For the first interview, I was asked about more than 15 questions. Lucky, I spent 3 hours reading the CA book before interview. For the design verification interview, I haven't prepared at all since I didn't know that it was a verification position, all the questions about programing were not answered well. It has been three weeks since the interview, I received no responses.

Interview Questions

• For the design verification interview, I haven't prepared at all since I didn't know that it was a verification position, all the questions about programing were not answered well.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I got this job 10 years ago. It was around the dot com bubble. Interview was simple. Different people covered different topics from CMOS design, combinational logic, Verilog, board design, instruments, puzzles, etc. But the process still seemed ad- hoc at that time since it was a small company. The questions were not complicated. I have had other harder interviews.

Interview Questions

• I found it very simple. So hard to tell. Nothing a college grad would not know. But one question was what happens to the ground when a lot of lines suddenly draw current.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was told the company does not negotiate. Take it or leave it. I needed it. So I took it.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Longmont, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

I had 4 interviews, 2 of them were with two people at a time. The scheduling was odd and forced me to sit in my car during lunch two days in a row which made it very difficult to concentrate. Looking back I really wished I had been able to interview under different circumstances. The people I spoke with were great to talk to, I appreciated their professionalism and could tell they had a great deal of technical expertise. From the information I gathered during the different interviews which were also from different locations, it seemed like it would be a good job.

Interview Questions

• typical questions about most difficult customer, biggest achievement and some technical questions on help desk troubleshooting   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

The entire process took about a month. Two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. Environment was very friendly. Basics of Comp. Arch., Perl, Verilog and OOPs asked.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Interview

strong background knowledge required. staffs on the resume