Marvell Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was verbally offered the job, given one day to decide, I called back and verbally accepted. Then 2 days later the manager called and said they were giving the job to another candidate. I've never seen that done to a candidate.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how often I'd have my staff meetings, 1:1's, etc. Seemed like a pretty tactical question from a SVP, given the job was to come in and turn around an org.   1 Answer

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I have the phone interview first. Then there is an onsite interview with HR, Legal Director and Managing Counsel. After meeting with hiring managers, I have one more interview with HR again and three Corporate Counsel, who will be the future colleagues if join the group. A few days later, I have scheduled for another onsite interview with Executive VP and General Counsel and the Legal Director again. I will report to the Legal Director if join the team and she would like to confirm that I am the right one to choose.

Interview Questions

• 1. what you can bring to the position? 2. what are your strengths? 3. why did you want to leave the job? 4. what have you learned from your current job? 5. what will your current employer comment about you if we contact them?   Answer Question

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

My resume was referred to CPU group through an alumni from umich. Around 1 months after I submitted my resume, I got an email from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the phone interview. The phone interview took half an hour. One logic engineer asked me some basic questions about 5 stage in order pipeline and something about my resume. After 2 weeks came the invitation for onsite interviewIt. It took half day for meeting 5 people. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 5 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Interview Questions

• Do we need PC to index second level table of branch predictor (i.e. pattern history table)? Why? What if bits of PC more than bits to index to pattern history table?   1 Answer
    • How can we use PRF to implement CMOV instruction?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, phone screen with the hiring manager (and another manager on the team), on-site interview. During the on-site interview they walked me around the campus and I interviewed with both managers and peers. The whole process was very drawn out and in between the steps there was little follow up. After two months of not hearing anything after the interview process the recruiter finally followed up to say that they were interested in extending an offer. However, because their hiring process was so disorganized and I had all but completely forgotten about them by that time, I declined to move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview of around 45 minutes. Focused entirely on linear pipeline and Out of Order Pipeline principles. The second round was a face to face interview at Santa Clara. 4.5hrs of interview (45 minutes per interviewer), was completely technical focussing on FSm, Verilog design, Cache and Tomasulo Out of order implementation.

Interview Questions

• 1st Round : Talked about RAW,WAW and WAR hazards and how is it solved/handled in both linear and OoO pipelines. Structural hazards caused and handled in OoO pipelines.
      2nd Round: Was interviewed by 5 interviewers (45 minutes with each). Focussed entirely on my resume. Asked in depth questions on Tomasulo out of Order Implementation and Multi Clock Domain Fifo Design. Some of the questions were on Sequence Detectors, Simple Verilog design questions, Frequency Dividers and circuitry design.
      One of the interviewers gave a scenario and asked to wite a code to validate the integrity of the circuit (to test our VERIFICATION thinking ).   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview were face to face over one day and prior to this many phone interview. You meet colleagues and managers and product people. Telephone interviews were done over several days due to peoples diaries.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little negotiation was possible

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. And got the phone interview in two weeks. Then on-site interview after another two weeks. The questions are normal. The setup time, hold time. FIFO. Then I wait for 3days for the oral offer. Nice interviewer and average questions. There are four rounds of the interview, and last around 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• How to understand the setup time and hold time of the register.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

phone interview -- just general question because i got refer from my friends
    onsite interview -- got me email from HR to arrange my interview date and time
    i had 5 people for interview
    most of them were nice, but one guy was very annoying. i coudn't understand his question, so i asked again. but he was angry because i asked again.
    had a lunch with them and talk about general question

Interview Questions

• clock divider / mealy vs moor fsm / through my resume project / setup time hold time   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone call from HR, tell details about grounp, and On-Site with 7 rounds, each round takes 45 mins, 1:1 style, Very basic question, setup, hold, timing report,
    Manager took for lunch, and talk about the group, and visit campus.
    Logic effect calculation, draw stick picture of NAND, sample sequence detector, cross clock domain.
    Talk about your resume, and explain your project at school.
    Nothing surprises, pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online and after several weeks, I got phone interview. It is about ASIC design/verification. My background is more focus on Verification of microprofessor, FPGA. Not very familiar with ASIC flow.so it is very important for background match.