Marvell Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2016

2.9

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 1:1 interviews on site with hiring mgr and peers. Didn't hear back until a month later and then asked me to come back for final round interviews. Overall interviewed with probably 10 different people, and was more cultural fit type of interview questions and getting to know me. Everyone I interviewed with was considerate. Issue though in that I never heard back after final round interviews and it's been 5 months - I would expect after final round interviews at least a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over someone with finance and engineering background?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was an all day interview. Met with a different teams within the organization. It was a more casual interview, more focused on the behavioral side. Usually given situations and how will you as a program manager address the situation. The final interview was with the VP of the business unit

Interview Questions

• How to manage priorities and dealing with change and risk management   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not very easy to negotiate, but I was able to do it.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

1. phone interview
    2. on site interview 4-5 hours

Interview Questions

• basic questions about the terms mentioned in job description   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• 1 is heavier than the other 5 marbles among 6 mables . given a weight to find the heavier one.   2 Answers

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

1.Frequency divider by 3
    2.MUX finish AND,OR,XOR,XNOR function
    3.Simple STA problem
    4.FSM to detect 11011
    5.detect how many logic 1 in circuit level
    6.Bubble pushing problems
    7.FIFO working function

Interview Questions

• There are 8 bits inputs ,only use full adder to detect how many logic 1's   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It had 4 rounds and was easy. They wanted people with basic understanding of Wireless LANs.They asked questions about protocols and features. A couple of programming questions were also asked.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Firstly got a phone screen from HM, 15 minutes. Behavioral questions and Asynchronous reset.
    5 round 1:1 interview, 4 engineers and 1HM

setup and hold time concept;
    whether there is a FF have both setup time and hold time violation;
    FSM, detect 01100;
    FSM, beverage system design;
    how to deal with hold and setup violation;
    static timing analysis;
    if clock skew occurs, what happen ti setup and hold?
    invert a int
    design MUL

Interview Questions

• setup and hold time concept;
      whether there is a FF have both setup time and hold time violation;
      FSM, detect 01100;
      FSM, beverage system design;
      Answer Question
    • how to deal with hold and setup violation;
      static timing analysis;
      if clock skew occurs, what happen ti setup and hold?
      invert a int
      design MUL

Digital IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

on site interview with 5 members from team

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

first a phone interview, then a screening interview with a hiring manager. If you pass this screening process, you'll get to meet with 5 or 6 engineers not necessarily from the same team. The technical interview takes about 3~4 hours.

Interview Questions

• 1. what's the difference between matlab function and matlab script?
      2. how does a system know when there is an error in the codeword?

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter first and then scheduled an onsite interview.
    After that, I waited for about two weeks to get the notification. The process
    is very smooth. The recruiter is very helpful during the process. I get this
    opportunity through the employee referral. So the process is quite fast.