Marvell Technology Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2016

2.9

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I have the phone interview first. Then there is an onsite interview with HR, Legal Director and Managing Counsel. After meeting with hiring managers, I have one more interview with HR again and three Corporate Counsel, who will be the future colleagues if join the group. A few days later, I have scheduled for another onsite interview with Executive VP and General Counsel and the Legal Director again. I will report to the Legal Director if join the team and she would like to confirm that I am the right one to choose.

Interview Questions

• 1. what you can bring to the position? 2. what are your strengths? 3. why did you want to leave the job? 4. what have you learned from your current job? 5. what will your current employer comment about you if we contact them?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with the recruiter, phone screen with the hiring manager (and another manager on the team), on-site interview. During the on-site interview they walked me around the campus and I interviewed with both managers and peers. The whole process was very drawn out and in between the steps there was little follow up. After two months of not hearing anything after the interview process the recruiter finally followed up to say that they were interested in extending an offer. However, because their hiring process was so disorganized and I had all but completely forgotten about them by that time, I declined to move forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The first round was a phone interview of around 45 minutes. Focused entirely on linear pipeline and Out of Order Pipeline principles. The second round was a face to face interview at Santa Clara. 4.5hrs of interview (45 minutes per interviewer), was completely technical focussing on FSm, Verilog design, Cache and Tomasulo Out of order implementation.

Interview Questions

• 1st Round : Talked about RAW,WAW and WAR hazards and how is it solved/handled in both linear and OoO pipelines. Structural hazards caused and handled in OoO pipelines.
      2nd Round: Was interviewed by 5 interviewers (45 minutes with each). Focussed entirely on my resume. Asked in depth questions on Tomasulo out of Order Implementation and Multi Clock Domain Fifo Design. Some of the questions were on Sequence Detectors, Simple Verilog design questions, Frequency Dividers and circuitry design.
      One of the interviewers gave a scenario and asked to wite a code to validate the integrity of the circuit (to test our VERIFICATION thinking ).
      Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview were face to face over one day and prior to this many phone interview. You meet colleagues and managers and product people. Telephone interviews were done over several days due to peoples diaries.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little negotiation was possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

phone interview -- just general question because i got refer from my friends
    onsite interview -- got me email from HR to arrange my interview date and time
    i had 5 people for interview
    most of them were nice, but one guy was very annoying. i coudn't understand his question, so i asked again. but he was angry because i asked again.
    had a lunch with them and talk about general question

Interview Questions

• clock divider / mealy vs moor fsm / through my resume project / setup time hold time   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone call from HR, tell details about grounp, and On-Site with 7 rounds, each round takes 45 mins, 1:1 style, Very basic question, setup, hold, timing report,
    Manager took for lunch, and talk about the group, and visit campus.
    Logic effect calculation, draw stick picture of NAND, sample sequence detector, cross clock domain.
    Talk about your resume, and explain your project at school.
    Nothing surprises, pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online and after several weeks, I got phone interview. It is about ASIC design/verification. My background is more focus on Verification of microprofessor, FPGA. Not very familiar with ASIC flow.so it is very important for background match.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an onsite interview as I was in Santa Clara itself. I gave first onsite with 3 engineers. After 15-20 days I received call for another onsite with 4 engineers. The interviews were pretty basic stuff related to Verilog basics, FSM Design, FIFO related questions as well as on the resume. After 2nd onsite I waited for 2 months but I did not get any reply from HR or recruiter. Finally when I contacted manager, I was told that they had already selected some other candidate. They seriously should learn some professionalism and have the courtesy to give an update to someone who gave 2 onsite interviews. Totally disappointed with the process speed as well communication.

Interview Questions

• Verilog tasks and functions, FSM Design, FIFO Depth, some system verilog questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

one phone interview, asked about projects on the resume. Then asked about MESI protocol. Then Onsite interview. There are 5 people. First one asked basic CPU questions, such as 5 stage pipelined CPU. Second one asked me about reorder buffer in the out of order processor and load store queue. Third one asked about waveform questions. The last two asked me about some verilog questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Internal employee referral, manager phone interview and only one round onsite interview. Then background check, referral check from previous job and offer extented. No hard questions were asked. Behaviour questions are important.

Interview Questions

• They just asked a lot questions about your past work experience. Be confident and positive.   Answer Question