Marvell Technology Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marvell Technology Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Technical phone interview for about an hour and half touching various topics - RTOS, embedded systems, coding, logic. Got invited onsite.
Had 6 rounds of 1-1 interviews with focus on projects, communication, previous work experience, and generic coding conceptual questions. Everything went well and positive. I was asked to wait for 10 days and had a positive feeling from the interview.
Wasn't contacted and upon follow up, got notified that the job position has been canceled.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Technology

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Applied through my college job search engine. Some phone calls with the managers and then a skype interview. Discussed my resume and projects. I got asked programming questions. The interviewers were friendly.

Interview Questions

• General programming questions, some coding challenges. Mostly to understand computer science concepts   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

phone call and ask something about the projects already done, and ask some problem related to C and C++

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It had 4 rounds and was easy. They wanted people with basic understanding of Wireless LANs.They asked questions about protocols and features. A couple of programming questions were also asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Marlborough, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

An Engineering manager got in touch with me and set up a phone interview. The interview was easy and I was able to answer all questions put forth to me. After a couple of weeks and a few reminders, the HR asked me for my resume and transcripts. The next day, the engineering manager whom I had interviewed with, sent me an email saying that I was not selected for the next step in the process. Got no response when I asked for the reason I was rejected.

Interview Questions

• Dangling pointers, virtual destructors, interrupts in OS, questions on pointers, Basically if you have read a C, C++ and an OS book, the interview should really be easy. Its just based on what you know, rather than questions that require you to solve.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2008.

Interview

Met first with the HR recruiter on-site. The recuriter was the one who arranged everything. He was passionate about promoting his company and totally professional and delight to talk to. The first technical interview was with a senior engineering manager. Then a team lead, after the interview, I felt that they took adavantage of what I shared regarding lots of my knowledge on the specific product and design problems they wanted to resolve.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Pune (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Day-long process. 3 technical rounds and 1 general aptitude round followed by HR interview. The decision whether to offer the job takes a long time to come. Mine took 3 months. The interview was taken by the team members of the team for which i was being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly related to C and data structures like linked list, stacks, etc. Basic C and bit manipulations were asked   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Pune (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

A written round followed by a series of technical interviews.
    Written round was based on C and networking basics. One technical rounds on C data structures, pointers and coding small problems. One technical round on basics of networking, another technical round on linux kernel basics, threads, mutex, semaphores etc. A final VC round with higher manager on basics of C and my expectations from the company.

Interview Questions

• What is an array of pointers?
      Write a code for adding, removing a node in a linked list.
      What is a semaphore and how to use it?
      Explain network stack.
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Short process, 1 day of interviews by 3 senior guys

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given with a number and accepted

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (East Timor)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Pune (East Timor)) in September 2012.

Interview

4 rounds of interview covering mainly C, OS and wireless technologies. Challenging questions but not very tough. Answered the C questions well. Long process but not very stressful. Each round was not more than 30 min long

Interview Questions

• largest sub array in an array   1 Answer