Mary Cariola Children's Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mary Cariola Children's Center

Summer Teacher Aide I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Cariola Children's Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they notified me for an interview in a couple days via email. the email was very informative. We scheduled an interview for the next week.
    A staff first gave us (two people) a tour of the center and some classrooms, then we signed some paperwork and watched a video that introduced more about the center and the duties of a TA. Then, one of us was led by another hiring manager to another room to have an one-on-one interview.
    The interview started with basic questions "why do you want this position and why do you want to work here?" then it followed by maybe 5 or more scenario questions. The whole process took about an hour. They didn't notify me anything even after three weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student refused to get on an equipment?   Answer Question

Teacher Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Cariola Children's Center (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Lasted about 30 mins and asked basic questions about my education background and employment history. Took a very long time to hear back before accepting the job. Come to the interview a little early so that you are able to find the correct building.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with being bitten or hit by a child?   1 Answer

Teacher Aide II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mary Cariola Children's Center (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I received a call from HR to set up an interview. The representative was very informative. My interview was scheduled for later that week. I showed up, was given a tour of the facility first (which was a very nice ice breaker), and then I had the main interview. There were a lot of questions, and most of them were hypothetical scenarios -- if this happened, how would you handle it? Those types. And they wanted thorough answers. That being said, if you're right for the job, you should be able to answer them reasonably. Anything you don't know, they'll teach you -- they just want to know that they're hiring someone safe and reasonable to work with the students. I then had to fill out a paper interview -- questions about my character and things like that. Took a little over an hour for the whole process. I waited only a few days for the job offer to come in.

Interview Questions

• There were many hypothetical scenarios that I had to give responses to. They were very specific to things that go on in the school setting. They aren't necessarily looking for you to tell them exactly what they'll teach you to do, they're more just looking to see that you think logically about the situation and they're watching for red flags that you won't handle a student with behavioral issues calmly or that you'll leave a student in danger during a high-stress situation. Their number one concern is the safety of the students (as it should be).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. They had very reasonable starting rates and incremental raises already in place after certain periods of time at the job.