Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I spoke to the Director about the company and what it has to offer. We discussed what I was looking for and how Mary Kay would fit into my life and fulfill my goals and dreams. The interview was in person and was a two way question and answer session.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mary Kay

Anonymous Employee in Mastic Beach, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Mastic Beach, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Informative and easy. I met with the recruiter spoke with her over the phone and then I spoke with her sales director and told her little bit about myself and my history and I signed up.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used the product? What would you like to know about the company. What are your goals. How much money would you like to make. Do you think you would enjoy working with money having parties having a good time working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Showed a video of successful women in the business asked questions pertaining to what's important to me ie family traveling work... Basically what my ideal life looked like. Then asked me a series of questions that would allow me to invision myself in the best life I could see for myself with financial freedom

Interview Questions

• Would you like more flexibility in your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Interview

There is no interview process. you are an independent consultant. you work on your own time and make your own schedule. you simply sign up and there is no hiring process.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Spokane, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically asked who I was and my family and what my goals were. Three things I wanted to get out it. What things were important to me.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

It wasn't so much an interview as it was an introduction to the company. The day I signed up my district manager scheduled me to try Mary Kay out and then she showed me how to do a facial the Mary Kay way. As we were talking about the products that we enjoyed and we compared them with the name brand products that were similar product wise. after my facial we did a mini make over using all Mary Kay products and I loved them and loved how the products made my skin feel. After we did a mini manicure I wanted to buy some of the products and that was when my district manager told me that I was the type of person who is cut out for selling cosmetics like Mary Kay and after all that I signed up to be an independent beauty consultant. So since signing up I was not able to put effort into selling products I soon lost interest in Mary Kay. I have been with the company for a while and still don't understand why other people were so good at selling beauty products and why could not sell even a hand soap.

Interview Questions

• How does Mary Kay products differ from product you buy from retail?   Answer Question
    • Did I like the way my skin felt after using Mary Kay once?   Answer Question