Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and his team in a panel interview at the beautiful Mary Kay corporate building in Dallas, TX. My overall impression was that they would be a great group to work with but they were more interested in a person that was 100% scrum and my background was a composure of waterfall and scrum mixed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a team member that was not making progress on your project   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with multiple people. It lasted several hours and I interviewed with about 6 different individuals at different times, followed by a group interview with them.

Following the interview, the recruiter called me and left a voicemail to contact them. After 24 hours they called again only to tell me they went with someone else after it came down to another candidate and myself. I was just shocked they would use this language and do this. Typically a company only calls when they are offering a job, not to open the sentence with "it came down between you and someone else. We are going with them." Absolutely disgusting and disrespectful.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay in December 2016.

Interview

I was told about this job by a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn. There was a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring attorney about two weeks later. I was then asked to come interview in person at corporate headquarters. I faced approximately 12 or 13 different attorneys over a full 8+ hour day, with an offsite lunch attended by 2 attorneys plus the hiring attorney. The questions I were asked were primarily to gauge fit with their corporate principles, although I did face a few knowledge-based questions that were just to see what my background was. Everyone was very pleasant, and I was told of the results of the interview within a week or so. I do get the impression they are not easily satisfied by candidates and may have set the bar too high, as the job remains open as of the date of this submission, over six months later.

Interview Questions

• What profession would you have chosen had you not become an attorney?   Answer Question

AV Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Not a bad interview process at all. Interviewers were super friendly. I got a phone call initially and scheduled an interview for a week later. Met with the HR person first and afterwards 2 people from the AV department. They made the interview process very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What academics or professional experience has prepared you for the job?   Answer Question

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview take place in phone call because I live in different state. HR recruiter contacted me through email asking me for available phone interview. We had first phone interview in 3 days later. The HR recruiter was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. This interview is more of personal, background experience, and relocation. The next few days after first interview, HR contacted me again that the supervisor of that position wanted to have a second interview with me in next week. The round 2 interview is questioning about my skills and work experience relate to position I applied for.

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The two girls I interviewed with were very nice and easy going. Their questions weren't difficult and told me they didn't want to "drill" me with questions which was nice to hear. They spent time discussing the benefits that came along with the position. Overall, I can't say anything bad about the experience.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I had a pre-screening phone interview. The recruiter was over the top excited about me, and it felt like she was ready to hand me the job. (I've interviewed enough to know when someone likes my skills vs. doesn't.) Checked in a few times and she remained positive. Then finally got a "we went forward with someone else," despite being told originally how she wanted to have me come in. I don't understand why these recruiters can't just be honest from the get-go. I wasted weeks hanging on to hope.

Interview Questions

• Just your basic what's your background and how it fits with the desired role.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email from Human Resources to schedule an interview by telephone. Responded to email on the same day and received return email with date and time to schedule telephone interview for the next day. Human Resources called at scheduled time and conducted a screening type interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really just a screening call to determine salary requirements.   Answer Question

Income Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. And then onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1 hour, the interview was really conversational. The two interviewer are really nice and introduced a lot about Mary Kay. They began with small talk and then asked me about my internship experience and so on. At last, they told me that they will give me the result in one week. However, I got the result after ten days. The HR left me a voice message and when I called back, she did not answer the phone. Anyway, very frustrated experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer