Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 4, 2017

1.8

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interviewing process is very slow. I applied in August of 2014, didn't get called for an interview until the end of February 2015. From the first group interview to the second one-on-one interview I heard nothing for three weeks. I actually thought I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a conflict I had in my role as EHS Mgr. In my previous job.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2015.

Interview

Talking to the CEO of the location. Very casual. Gave me a better understanding of my job, due to the job description being very vague. We had to make a presentation on 3 products along with evaluating 3 products, how it's marketed and how they are doing. Pretty simple math. However we had a very limited time to finish these two tasks, and I believed it showed how we can work under pressure, which after a couple weeks of being there I realized that it is a critical skill in this company.

Income Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. And then onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1 hour, the interview was really conversational. The two interviewer are really nice and introduced a lot about Mary Kay. They began with small talk and then asked me about my internship experience and so on. At last, they told me that they will give me the result in one week. However, I got the result after ten days. The HR left me a voice message and when I called back, she did not answer the phone. Anyway, very frustrated experience.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Friendly environment and easy going interviewers which made the interviews calming. Great company with good perks. Good company for work life balance. HR was nice and showed around the company.

Other opportunity

Corporate Employee - Non-manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

1. Phone screening with HR representative (20 mins) - Approx. 2 weeks after online submission
    2. In-person interview with your potential supervisor (40 mins) - 1 week after phone screening
    3. Group interview with your potential team (40 mins) - 1 week after supervisor interview

Phone call with offer 4 days after supervisor interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mary Kay?
      How do you handle conflict?
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I reported to HR. The lady at the desk made sure they had all my paperwork in order. After that, I waited about 10 minutes for them to let the interviewers know I was here and schedule a room. I was then escorted to a conference room on one of the upper floors.

I meet with the position's supervisor, his boss, and one of the team members. The interview was straight forward and routine. Questions covered my previous work, technical skills, and workflow.

One of the interviewers threw in some trendy questions, jokingly. "If you were a pie, what kind of pie would you be? How many squirrels are there in the lot next to the building?"

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I went for two interviews. The first was a group interview and the second one was upper management. I did better on answering the questions I was prepared for- so I recommend practicing an answer for every question you can think of. I also recommend that you bring extra copies of your resume for people that were pulled into the interview last minute that did not have a chance to look at your resume. Plus- try to know something about the company before you go for the interview- it matters.

Interview Questions

• What do makes you excited about this position?
      Do know anything about this company? Okay- then what do you know?
      1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Telephone Screen then onsite face to face. Met with hiring manager at MK and discussed role and working environment. Be sure to understand the MK history and senior leadership. MK Corporate is a Business Dress environment - work spaces look adequate and location is close to many stores/restaurants. Easy commute via DNT.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions about most difficult project and what I did to overcome difficulty. Most of the questions were the usual PM questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question