Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.8

Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay in December 2016.

Interview

I was told about this job by a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn. There was a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring attorney about two weeks later. I was then asked to come interview in person at corporate headquarters. I faced approximately 12 or 13 different attorneys over a full 8+ hour day, with an offsite lunch attended by 2 attorneys plus the hiring attorney. The questions I were asked were primarily to gauge fit with their corporate principles, although I did face a few knowledge-based questions that were just to see what my background was. Everyone was very pleasant, and I was told of the results of the interview within a week or so. I do get the impression they are not easily satisfied by candidates and may have set the bar too high, as the job remains open as of the date of this submission, over six months later.

Interview Questions

• What profession would you have chosen had you not become an attorney?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Sales Force Communications Manager. Took along writing samples and talked about my background and experience. The manager was nice and welcoming. Took a short tour of the offices.

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and his team in a panel interview at the beautiful Mary Kay corporate building in Dallas, TX. My overall impression was that they would be a great group to work with but they were more interested in a person that was 100% scrum and my background was a composure of waterfall and scrum mixed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a team member that was not making progress on your project   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a bit rushed and I could tell that the person interviewing me had their mind preoccupied from the beginning of the interview. It's a beautiful building and everyone was kind.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little more about your background in direct sales?   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interviewing process is very slow. I applied in August of 2014, didn't get called for an interview until the end of February 2015. From the first group interview to the second one-on-one interview I heard nothing for three weeks. I actually thought I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a conflict I had in my role as EHS Mgr. In my previous job.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Prague (Czech Republic)) in May 2015.

Interview

Talking to the CEO of the location. Very casual. Gave me a better understanding of my job, due to the job description being very vague. We had to make a presentation on 3 products along with evaluating 3 products, how it's marketed and how they are doing. Pretty simple math. However we had a very limited time to finish these two tasks, and I believed it showed how we can work under pressure, which after a couple weeks of being there I realized that it is a critical skill in this company.

Income Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. And then onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1 hour, the interview was really conversational. The two interviewer are really nice and introduced a lot about Mary Kay. They began with small talk and then asked me about my internship experience and so on. At last, they told me that they will give me the result in one week. However, I got the result after ten days. The HR left me a voice message and when I called back, she did not answer the phone. Anyway, very frustrated experience.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Friendly environment and easy going interviewers which made the interviews calming. Great company with good perks. Good company for work life balance. HR was nice and showed around the company.

Other opportunity

Corporate Employee - Non-manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

1. Phone screening with HR representative (20 mins) - Approx. 2 weeks after online submission
    2. In-person interview with your potential supervisor (40 mins) - 1 week after phone screening
    3. Group interview with your potential team (40 mins) - 1 week after supervisor interview

Phone call with offer 4 days after supervisor interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mary Kay?
      How do you handle conflict?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer