Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.8

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Harrisonburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

You don't apply for it. Someone running a Mary Kay party will ask if you're interested. They invite you to coffee and hard sell the compnay. They lure you in with a large bag of product for $99. Once you sign, they talk you into opening a credit card, and then maxing it out on inventory. It's almost impossible to sell most of what you get.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be a part of a tribe of supportive women helping other women succeed?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Sales Force Communications Manager. Took along writing samples and talked about my background and experience. The manager was nice and welcoming. Took a short tour of the offices.

Senior Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and his team in a panel interview at the beautiful Mary Kay corporate building in Dallas, TX. My overall impression was that they would be a great group to work with but they were more interested in a person that was 100% scrum and my background was a composure of waterfall and scrum mixed.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a team member that was not making progress on your project   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a bit rushed and I could tell that the person interviewing me had their mind preoccupied from the beginning of the interview. It's a beautiful building and everyone was kind.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little more about your background in direct sales?   Answer Question

Independent Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Pueblo, CO) in April 2013.

Interview

Do you like working and talking to/with the general public? Do you like earning extra income? Do you like playing with make-up and sharing with other ladies? It is so much fun and easy to do. What a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Am I dependable and self motivated?   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview with multiple people. It lasted several hours and I interviewed with about 6 different individuals at different times, followed by a group interview with them.

Following the interview, the recruiter called me and left a voicemail to contact them. After 24 hours they called again only to tell me they went with someone else after it came down to another candidate and myself. I was just shocked they would use this language and do this. Typically a company only calls when they are offering a job, not to open the sentence with "it came down between you and someone else. We are going with them." Absolutely disgusting and disrespectful.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay in December 2016.

Interview

I was told about this job by a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn. There was a phone screen with HR, then a phone interview with the hiring attorney about two weeks later. I was then asked to come interview in person at corporate headquarters. I faced approximately 12 or 13 different attorneys over a full 8+ hour day, with an offsite lunch attended by 2 attorneys plus the hiring attorney. The questions I were asked were primarily to gauge fit with their corporate principles, although I did face a few knowledge-based questions that were just to see what my background was. Everyone was very pleasant, and I was told of the results of the interview within a week or so. I do get the impression they are not easily satisfied by candidates and may have set the bar too high, as the job remains open as of the date of this submission, over six months later.

Interview Questions

• What profession would you have chosen had you not become an attorney?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. 3 in-person interview visits. HR does the initial screening. Everyone was friendly and the questions were easy. The dress code is very strict. Guys have to wear ties, and its generally conservative.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very easy and lengthy interview.
    Mostly hr questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years, why this company etc.
    There were few sql and statistical (probability etc) questions

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a quick process, not really an interview. The lead Consultant just asked a few questions about what brought me to Marykay and what I wanted to get out of it. If it was for extra money?