Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2017

1.8

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I had a pre-screening phone interview. The recruiter was over the top excited about me, and it felt like she was ready to hand me the job. (I've interviewed enough to know when someone likes my skills vs. doesn't.) Checked in a few times and she remained positive. Then finally got a "we went forward with someone else," despite being told originally how she wanted to have me come in. I don't understand why these recruiters can't just be honest from the get-go. I wasted weeks hanging on to hope.

Interview Questions

• Just your basic what's your background and how it fits with the desired role.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Friendly environment and easy going interviewers which made the interviews calming. Great company with good perks. Good company for work life balance. HR was nice and showed around the company.

Other opportunity

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email from Human Resources to schedule an interview by telephone. Responded to email on the same day and received return email with date and time to schedule telephone interview for the next day. Human Resources called at scheduled time and conducted a screening type interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really just a screening call to determine salary requirements.   Answer Question

Income Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. And then onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1 hour, the interview was really conversational. The two interviewer are really nice and introduced a lot about Mary Kay. They began with small talk and then asked me about my internship experience and so on. At last, they told me that they will give me the result in one week. However, I got the result after ten days. The HR left me a voice message and when I called back, she did not answer the phone. Anyway, very frustrated experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online through their job portal and received a call for an interview on site with the hiring manager. The interview was really pleasant with the manager explaining the intern position and asking me about my experience so far. The manager was really helpful with any questions I had and made sure I was comfortable. Overall, it was a very nice experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Telephone Screen then onsite face to face. Met with hiring manager at MK and discussed role and working environment. Be sure to understand the MK history and senior leadership. MK Corporate is a Business Dress environment - work spaces look adequate and location is close to many stores/restaurants. Easy commute via DNT.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions about most difficult project and what I did to overcome difficulty. Most of the questions were the usual PM questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

One on one with another independent sales peeson. Tells you the company and how to maximize your earning. You control your time money and amiuntnof. Customers . Give it a try greAt company miney And empowering

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

The interview was great. Some tough questions, but I was able to answer them all. I was connected to this job through a hiring agency. I met with the Corporate International Marketing Director, which was who I would have worked for. They offered me the position, then I found out I have a family member who works for Mary Kay- So I was unable to take the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be able to take on a global position?   Answer Question