Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

1.8

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Showed a video of successful women in the business asked questions pertaining to what's important to me ie family traveling work... Basically what my ideal life looked like. Then asked me a series of questions that would allow me to invision myself in the best life I could see for myself with financial freedom

Interview Questions

• Would you like more flexibility in your life   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation

Interview

There is no interview process. you are an independent consultant. you work on your own time and make your own schedule. you simply sign up and there is no hiring process.

Packaging Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (East Lansing, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

The two girls I interviewed with were very nice and easy going. Their questions weren't difficult and told me they didn't want to "drill" me with questions which was nice to hear. They spent time discussing the benefits that came along with the position. Overall, I can't say anything bad about the experience.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I had a pre-screening phone interview. The recruiter was over the top excited about me, and it felt like she was ready to hand me the job. (I've interviewed enough to know when someone likes my skills vs. doesn't.) Checked in a few times and she remained positive. Then finally got a "we went forward with someone else," despite being told originally how she wanted to have me come in. I don't understand why these recruiters can't just be honest from the get-go. I wasted weeks hanging on to hope.

Interview Questions

• Just your basic what's your background and how it fits with the desired role.   Answer Question

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Harrisonburg, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

You don't apply for it. Someone running a Mary Kay party will ask if you're interested. They invite you to coffee and hard sell the compnay. They lure you in with a large bag of product for $99. Once you sign, they talk you into opening a credit card, and then maxing it out on inventory. It's almost impossible to sell most of what you get.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be a part of a tribe of supportive women helping other women succeed?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Friendly environment and easy going interviewers which made the interviews calming. Great company with good perks. Good company for work life balance. HR was nice and showed around the company.

Other opportunity

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Received an email from Human Resources to schedule an interview by telephone. Responded to email on the same day and received return email with date and time to schedule telephone interview for the next day. Human Resources called at scheduled time and conducted a screening type interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was really just a screening call to determine salary requirements.   Answer Question

Income Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First phone interview. And then onsite interview. The onsite interview is 1 hour, the interview was really conversational. The two interviewer are really nice and introduced a lot about Mary Kay. They began with small talk and then asked me about my internship experience and so on. At last, they told me that they will give me the result in one week. However, I got the result after ten days. The HR left me a voice message and when I called back, she did not answer the phone. Anyway, very frustrated experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online through their job portal and received a call for an interview on site with the hiring manager. The interview was really pleasant with the manager explaining the intern position and asking me about my experience so far. The manager was really helpful with any questions I had and made sure I was comfortable. Overall, it was a very nice experience.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer