Mary Kay Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

One on one with another independent sales peeson. Tells you the company and how to maximize your earning. You control your time money and amiuntnof. Customers . Give it a try greAt company miney And empowering

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a bit rushed and I could tell that the person interviewing me had their mind preoccupied from the beginning of the interview. It's a beautiful building and everyone was kind.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little more about your background in direct sales?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Process took 3 weeks. 3 in-person interview visits. HR does the initial screening. Everyone was friendly and the questions were easy. The dress code is very strict. Guys have to wear ties, and its generally conservative.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

The interview was great. Some tough questions, but I was able to answer them all. I was connected to this job through a hiring agency. I met with the Corporate International Marketing Director, which was who I would have worked for. They offered me the position, then I found out I have a family member who works for Mary Kay- So I was unable to take the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be able to take on a global position?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (West Knoxville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

The sm aI was recruited by a sales director. She asked me very pointed questions regarding my family, goals, my future etc. I did feel like she wanted to know how to recruit me by knowing more about me. I later learned that it's a technique to better help answer my questions--- and recruit me!

Interview Questions

• What do you want from your life   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Intern Logistics Interview

Interview

On-site interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then a group interview then met the decision maker. They LOVED ME according to recruiter. They had never met someone like me and wanted me. Little did I know what awaited me - boredom and looking for work to stay busy. Started looking elsewhere after the first 3 weeks.

Negotiation

No nego - my rate was met.