Maryhaven Center of Hope Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maryhaven Center of Hope

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Quick and easy
    I was already aware of the job and the staff. The principal had already worked with me so there was not much to ask me in the interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was professional and engaging. The program director and assistant manager whom I knew well from working in the house for 5 years, conducted the interview. It was formal and a typical interview. They asked me what I would do when specific situations arose among staff and how I would handle the transition from a direct support professional to an assistant manager. They informed a few days later that I would be able to start the new position, and the program director came on the first day to tell the staff I was promoted, and break the ice.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a crisis situation?
      How will you support recreational activities in the group home?   1 Answer

DCC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online, received a call from HR for an HR interview. They reviewed my credentials and decided I was good for job (driver license, HS diploma, Etc.) Was forwarded to another interview a week later at the job site in which was a 1:1 interview that consisted of questions that pertain to dealing with the individuals, how I would handle certain situations, etc. This was followed by a tour.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an individuals behavior?   1 Answer
    • How would you build a good rapport with one of our individuals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a weekend position I was not able to do at first but then was offered a per-diem position in which I accepted.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was simple. HR usually calls within a couple of weeks. No possible negotiation for pay. Questions asked were pretty much no brainers. Seems like educational history does not matter much in regards to pay so don't expect it to. HR lady was very nice and the atmosphere was comfortable.

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview is pretty easy. They bring you into one of the houses and show you to the individuals. they ask about your want to be at maryhaven and how would you handle certain situations

Direct Care Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson Station, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson Station, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

You apply online then within two weeks you should expect a call to come in for an interview. When you come you will speak to a recruting manager who in my experience was a nice lady. If you seem like a genuinenly nice person you'll be given the job.

Interview Questions

• What about you or your experiences makes you believe you are good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manager Interview

Interview

The person was very nice and ask some great questions. Told me what my job duties. Want to know others jobs I have in the past. And really listen to me

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Jefferson, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Maryhaven Center of Hope (Port Jefferson, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Many questions revolved around possible scenarios with staff and the best way to manage a successful outcome. Other questions were typical character questions. The process was very straight forward, and all details of the job were revealed during the interview. They do not want people who cannot handle the job as these are individuals lives and homes where they live. They have many rights to a life where they may fulfill their potential.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if two individuals were arguing in the household? How would you de-escalate the situation?   1 Answer