Maryland Department of Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Maryland Department of Human Resources Interview Questions

3.1

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Plata, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources (La Plata, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

Received email scheduling. Interviewed on a Thursday by a panel of 4, I was asked to provide a copy of my degree on Friday, my references were contacted on Friday, received an offer call the following Tuesday. They appreciated copies of my resume and references. The interview was very tense, they made no effort to put me at ease, but I was able to maintain my confidence by preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked question about my excel & QB skill set, shift availability, why I'm leaving current employer, would I do something unethical if asked by my superiors. Tell of a time you made a mistake? How do you handle conflict with co-workers.   1 Answer

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources (Parkville, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call inviting me in for the interview. On the day of the interview I was invited to come in earlier so I may interview for the position. I had two people interview me and the. I had to do a writing sample and a permission to perform a background check after that.

Child Support Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temple Hills, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources (Temple Hills, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for this position in Prince George's County (Temple Hills, MD) and in Anne Arundel County (Annapolis, MD).

In PG, there were around 15 of us interviewed at once with 4 interviewers. We were first asked to introduce ourselves which was limited to 1 minute speaking time. Then we had to work in small groups to arrange 5 scenarios of tasks in order by which task we would complete first to last. The interviewers shared their opinions on the scenarios and made it seem as though this was more of a task on passing off your tasks to coworkers and/or multitasking. Not sure what they wanted as it was made to seem like a prioritizing exercise. We then were handed a packet to complete in 20 minutes: write a letter given information about a client's case, interpret a court order, and follow instructions. That completed the interview.

In AACo, there were about 7 of us being interviewed and 3 interviewers. Same process, except we were asked 2 questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • When faced with problems, do you ask for help or are you more inclined to solve the problem on your own?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Very thorough and interactive. I was asked a lot of questions for a phone screening, but I thought it went well. I was able to answer all of their difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• How do I supervise or lead change?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources.

Interview

The first interview lasted two hours. There was a panel of six individuals. I was asked a series of recorded questions. The panelists took notes of my responses and ranked them on a scale of 1 to 5. If my responses prompted additional questions, then those questions were asked as well. Had it not been for the occasional smile, it would have been better described as an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had to lead a team of diverse people to accomplish a goal. Describe any conflicts and how those conflicts were overcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation, because the agency's HR department is restricted in regard to the grade/step that is authorized to offer.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

There were 3 interviews and I had to complete a writing sample on site. I had an initial phone interview, then an in person interview, then lastly an interview with DHR HR rather than my department. It took a lost time to schedule interviews and then wait for them to occur. I was offered the job after a 3 person panel interview.

Child Support Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Maryland Department of Human Resources (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied for the posting while current position of Legal Secretary. The supervisor outlined the duties of Child Support Specialist I, with a friendly upbeat attitude He instilled confidence to ask questions that although the job was challenging to learn iit took about a year's time to feel more comfortable in the position on an average. He advised that with my can do attitude and current knowledge; I would do well.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself to be in about 5 years time career wise? What areas did I feel would need to strengthen?   1 Answer
    • Did I think would enjoy doing this position?   1 Answer