MasTec Advanced Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MasTec Advanced Technologies

1.9

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Norfolk, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview with Site Manager Johnny Bench. Offered the job after interview from a phone call, waited 2 weeks for background check, 2 weeks classroom and 3 weeks with a mentor(trainer)

Interview Questions

• Why was I leaving my current employer   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies.

Interview

Applied online with a hour long only answer question hypothetical job site structure. Got a call the next day with a recruiter. Asked some basic questions on flexibility schedule for working long hours and knowledge of IT related stuff. Scheduled for a in person interview the next morning. Manager at site is pleasant and went over the job requirement and how the pay is structured. Recruiter did not get back to me the following day so I called and got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mastec?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Williamsport, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

Some lady calls you for a pre screen interview over the phone. They're so desperate if they call you for an interview and you dont have dirty urine you will be hired,

Interview Questions

• How do you like working 6 days a week for minimum wage?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (El Paso, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Apply online, recruiter contacts you set up a interview with store manager. The interview is a joke, only question they will ask is Can you travel . Once you say yes, you are hired. Plan to travel out of town every month for periods of 2 weeks or more.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel. Only questioned asked   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. It lasted for several days but at no point did I feel uncomfortable. They are as professional as they claim. Mastec only wants quality people who are willing to give quality service.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Started off by phone interview the drug test then background check. After all that it was one on one with one of the supervisor. The whole thing was very laid back. O make sure to bring copy of resume. That is one thing they need the most

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was simple. Interviewed with a supervisor while the second supervisor observed. Asked easy questions. Wanted to know if I had any problems working outside, attics, crawl spaces. And if I had any issues with heights. Supervisors are pretty laid back in the beginning. Offered me the job after interview was over.

Anonymous Employee in Newburgh, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Newburgh, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It all started with a phone call and a pre-employment screening interview, very easy straight forward questions like "Have you ever worked from a ladder before"? I got a face to face interview within the next 3 days. The manager basically had to sell the job to me. He talked extensively on how many hours would be worked per week, and how large of an area we cover. Touched briefly on being able to use a company vehicle to do the job and how the company also provides a cell phone and benefits that take effect after 30 days of employment.

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Norfolk, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Filled application online, hr called same day to schedule sit down interview. Interview was not really an interview it was more telling me how bad this job was. Interviewer recommended for employment. Drug test then hired.

Interview Questions

• No real question more talkin about how bad and hard job is.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would advise against because money is not there

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MasTec Advanced Technologies (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was a joke. They don't care who they hire as long as you pass a drug test and driving record check. All I can say is that this place does not care about its technicians. When you call a supervisor... If they answer you'll hear their kids and home in the background while you're sweating and tired.