Masco Cabinetry Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Masco Cabinetry

2.8

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Adrian, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed in a small room by the supervisor of the team I had applied for and the person whose position I would be filling. They asked me a number of questions about my experience, and gave me a detailed review of what would be expected of me in this particular position.

Interview Questions

• "Are you looking to advance within this particular field, or are you planning on changing fields at some point down the road?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry in March 2018.

Interview

Masco made it very easy and contacted me shortly after I applied for the position. The interview process started off with a phone screening, then I came in for an in person interview with my future manager and one of the HR representatives.

Builder Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry in November 2014.

Interview

After applying via Masco.com, approximately 4 weeks elapsed before I received a call for phone interview. At that time, the person I spoke with sounded very scripted and robotic. After discussing my lengthy career in the cabinet industry, I was told that I would receive an online personality profile to better connect me with positions available, just a waste of time as I was a matching fit per their job description. Never received the profile exam and after emailing the interviewer to inquire, I was informed that he no longer worked there. In addition, his job was posted shortly after and the job I applied for is still posted to this day.

Interview Questions

• This was a preliminary interview, so outside of why I would be a good fit for the job, no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Corporate Human Resources arranged the interview(s). The interviewing process was fine. However, after numerous interviews no one has the courtesy to let you know that you were not selected for the position.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry.

Interview

Initial over the phone followed by an in person during the same week, both were conducted by the hiring manager. Causal and conversational, standard questions with some being ask during both interviews. I really enjoyed both interviews. I was told that I was a final candidate during the in person interview. I sent an initial Thank You and two follow up emails. There has been no return communication or even a form rejection. It's understandable that another candidate better met their needs but ghosting a final candidate is highly unprofessional. I see other's have shared this same experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

The first two rounds of interviews went rather well. The video interview was a bit awkward, but all in all not too bad. The downside is that no one from HR or the hiring manager ever contacted me even though I did my thank you email and a phone call follow up. Management: Please keep the lines of communication open. If a candidate doesn't meet your requirements, let them know. Don't leave them hanging!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were typical personality and experience related.   Answer Question

Talent Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

Overall good interview process. However, during the interview, the hiring manager was talking how there is a lot of work to be done to improve company branding and image, and I totally agree with her. After the interview, she mentioned that I will be hearing the final decision end of the following week. When I didn't receive any sort of communications, I sent her a follow-up just to know where I stand and yet a month passes and no reply or even a thank you e-mail. This is basic HR 1:1, any candidate knows there might be other people who have better qualifications to the position, but please keep the line of communications and respect the candidate, who took time off their busy schedule, and show interest in your company. Dropping one line e-mail thanking them or at least updating them on the status will say a lot about the hiring manager and the company!!!

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duncanville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Duncanville, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

You have to interview at the location. You simply walk in, don't concern yourself with your appearance and don't worry about last minute attempts to polish your interviewing skills because as long as you have a pulse and can write your name correctly on a dotted line you'll get the job. The interview process is so unprofessional you won't know what your position will be or when you'll be working until 1 day before you are to show up for work. You'll have an initial interview (hopefully with the nicer new lady in the office- the old short lady doesn't even pretend to care about you) there they'll ask you basic questions, "why do you want to work here?" "what is your background like?" Just smile and lie like you do on all other interviews. Then you'll be taken down to the warehouse floor to get a "tour" of the place. Again, smile and pretend to be interested. Then you'll have a final interview with a plant supervisor. This is the one that matters. He'll ask you more meaningless questions, no matter how you answer them, just look him square in the eye, sit up straight and he'll think you mean business. You'll be taken back to H.R. after that interview, and they'll tell you some b.s. like "we're doing a background check, and having you do a drug test, and depending on the results you might be eligible for the position." Simply put, if you aren't a drug addict, you're in! I had an active warrant (traffic tickets man...) and I had just gotten off probation the month prior to me being hired, and I know several employees with similar stories. So I don't think they actually do any background check, and if so-anyone who isn't a murderer or puppy strangler is in apparently. So once you get the forms for the drug test, know you've got the job. You bring back all the paperwork as soon as you can, and you'll start orientation at whatever date they give you. Get a good nights rest the day before, because you'll be spending 8 looooooooong hours in a "safety" class with a woman who thinks moving boxes filled with cabinets is as dangerous as going to war in Iraq or something. You don't have to pay attention, there is no test at the end of the class, just try not to fall asleep-plant managers sneak in the room at some point before it's all over. After being coached on the potential dangers of using tape and why eating cardboard is a bad idea; enjoy your last hours of freedom. Because the next day you begin work; and as the saying goes, "Jesus can have your soul, but your ass belongs to Masco!"

Interview Questions

• "Why should we hire you?" Or "What makes you stand out?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you start at 10.00hr or you go elsewhere if that isn't enough.

Seasonal Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middlefield, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Middlefield, OH).

Interview

One "interview", they take you on a tour through the plant with a group of other interviewees, then take all the people who are there for seasonal labor back to a room and ask about your job history so they know where to place you. They drug test you, you fill out paperwork, and you decide your start date that day.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry in February 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by the hiring manager, a day after submitting my application. I thought it was extremely odd that I was never contacted by an HR representative, especially with a company of such a large size. I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager, where he asked me some basic questions about my work background. He also explained the role briefly and his background with the company. He then decided to have me flown out of state to interview with him. A week later I was picked up at the airport by the hiring manager, and the district manager (for which I had no idea he there was going to be a second individual to interview with). They took me out to lunch, for which the interview was extremely awkward, as the two managers spent a majority of the time making inside jokes with each other, and acting like it was a buddy buddy get together event. They kept asking me if I had any questions, for which I had some. They had no interest in my background in woodworking, for which the job would be selling kitchen cabinets. They basically straight up told me they had no interest in my woodworking background. I felt that was a little disrespectful to say to my face. I understand it was a sales role, for which I had a background in sales, but I also had a background in woodworking, which I assumed would make it an easy fit and transition into the role. I flew back home, and sent both managers a thank you email after the interview. They had told me they would get back to me in a week. I never heard from them a week later. I then emailed the hiring manager, and he never responded to me. A week later, they re-posted the position online. I would not recommend this company, as they didn't even have the respect to sent me a simple email back to me. Even if they had moved on with other candidates, I would have appreciated the response back, They spent a thousand dollars on travel for me, and basically threw the money out the door, with no response back to me. Completely unprofessional company!