Masco Contractor Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Masco Contractor Services Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview led to meeting. Overall half hour phone interview, half hour meeting. I'm writing more words to get to the 50 word requirement. Went well, eager to hire.

Interview Questions

• How hungry are you for commission?   1 Answer

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services.

Interview

I applied for one position, was asked by HR if I would consider a Contract Manager position as I am better suited for that role and they had an opening coming up, I agreed outlining my salary requirements. I had a phone pre-interview with HR. From there I met with the person who was going to run the Division, we had a successful interview and was told once they sorted some things out I would be called to interview with the CFO and Attorney. I was told it would be for the Contract Manager position or a Negotiator position should a current employee who was being transferred to the new division decide to become the Manager. I could appreciate this and was prepared for either position, knowing they knew my salary requirements already. In the meantime, he suggested I attend events the HR person was going to invite me to so I could meet other employees. I was invited to a Networking event, the HR woman knew I was driving an hour and half, arrived to discover there was in fact no meeting and ended up at a dinner with the HR personal and another candidate, which was more than a little awkward. I then drove again up to the area to meet with the CFO and Attorney. In my first meeting of the day I discovered the Contract Manager position was not in fact an option, not because the other woman took it, but because they decided against hiring one (information that I should have been told prior to taking the drive, as this changed a lot of things for me). And that they would require all hires to start as Reviewers, which is unusual, I could understand requiring some reviewer training and demonstration of reviewing capabilities but to hire an experienced Negotiator and require them to Review for 3 months would again have been nice to know and saved me the drive given the salary requirements I already laid out from the start. I had two lovely interviews, both ending with I would be going to the next step, I liked the people I met with and was willing to continue on knowing they knew my salary expectations. You could imagine my shock receiving a terse email the following afternoon dismissing me as a candidate with no explanation, except to say they could provide no further encouragement or feedback. Given all I received was positive feedback and tons of encouragement, this was disappointing and frustrating to say the least. It was bad enough they did a bait and switch as to the actual job they were prepared to offer, and didn't properly keep me informed as to the huge switch in the positions, that they had me drive twice over 3 hours round trip knowing full well they had not been honest with me, but then to be given nothing useful as feedback, knowing I left both of the last interviews on positive notes is more than a little upsetting. I should mention this process took over a month. It was a complete and total waste of my time, energy, and funds going to and from the three sets of meetings. They should have been honest and kept in better communication with me about the change in their needs, and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• After being told there was no Contract Manager position, it was unusual to be asked to give an example of a time I managed people.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services in September 2014.

Interview

Short and sweet. Phone interview w/ HR to go over the position. Face to Face interview the following week. They do a criminal back ground and drug screening for all employess.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2014.

Interview

phone interview followed by two in person interviews. pretty standard, just try to know some basics about the industry and have a good reason, even if it's BS about why you want to work there..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Birmingham, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

Had numerous email correspondence and phone calls...they could never coordinate a date/time for phone interview with someone other than hiring manager. Had decent correspondence by email, although company response would be weeks later after many follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions...they seemed interested in me, however, they never could get their schedules in sync to meet with me in person   Answer Question

Insulation Installer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lacey, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Lacey, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very easy and quick. Just call them

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview, basic

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

When you submit a resume they will not reply. Only hire through temp agencies.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work overtime anytime we want you to   1 Answer

They seem really full of themselves and all the neurotic security made me nervous because really? What kind of contracting business needs that unless they make a lot of people really angry. I mean, its not like they are a top secret government agency

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conway, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Conway, SC).

Interview

All the basics, college, experience, have you managed people before, taught people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them I needed more money based on the hours, they offered up a whopping additional grand

Division Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services in June 2013.

Interview

Applied June and the interview process lasted 6 weeks. First step after application was to fill out a career snapshot. Questions were, How have you managed staffing levels based on sales demand. Tell me about a difficult employee situation and what did you do to resolve it. Walk me through a P&L. How do you improve categories. Describe sales teams you've led, size, scope etc.

Eleven total interviews, 2 in person the remainder on Green Job Interview or phone. Process was a bit disorganized, a SVP missed 1 interview and rescheduled, a few more were changed last min. Was supposed to have the last 6 interviews in person at Daytona office, but vacation schedules could not accommodate a realistic date. Did the final interviews via phone and Green Job (Skype )

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where, if you had given it more thought, the result would have been better.   1 Answer