Masco Contractor Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Masco Contractor Services Interview Questions

Interviews at Masco Contractor Services

2.7

Contract Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services.

Interview

I applied for one position, was asked by HR if I would consider a Contract Manager position as I am better suited for that role and they had an opening coming up, I agreed outlining my salary requirements. I had a phone pre-interview with HR. From there I met with the person who was going to run the Division, we had a successful interview and was told once they sorted some things out I would be called to interview with the CFO and Attorney. I was told it would be for the Contract Manager position or a Negotiator position should a current employee who was being transferred to the new division decide to become the Manager. I could appreciate this and was prepared for either position, knowing they knew my salary requirements already. In the meantime, he suggested I attend events the HR person was going to invite me to so I could meet other employees. I was invited to a Networking event, the HR woman knew I was driving an hour and half, arrived to discover there was in fact no meeting and ended up at a dinner with the HR personal and another candidate, which was more than a little awkward. I then drove again up to the area to meet with the CFO and Attorney. In my first meeting of the day I discovered the Contract Manager position was not in fact an option, not because the other woman took it, but because they decided against hiring one (information that I should have been told prior to taking the drive, as this changed a lot of things for me). And that they would require all hires to start as Reviewers, which is unusual, I could understand requiring some reviewer training and demonstration of reviewing capabilities but to hire an experienced Negotiator and require them to Review for 3 months would again have been nice to know and saved me the drive given the salary requirements I already laid out from the start. I had two lovely interviews, both ending with I would be going to the next step, I liked the people I met with and was willing to continue on knowing they knew my salary expectations. You could imagine my shock receiving a terse email the following afternoon dismissing me as a candidate with no explanation, except to say they could provide no further encouragement or feedback. Given all I received was positive feedback and tons of encouragement, this was disappointing and frustrating to say the least. It was bad enough they did a bait and switch as to the actual job they were prepared to offer, and didn't properly keep me informed as to the huge switch in the positions, that they had me drive twice over 3 hours round trip knowing full well they had not been honest with me, but then to be given nothing useful as feedback, knowing I left both of the last interviews on positive notes is more than a little upsetting. I should mention this process took over a month. It was a complete and total waste of my time, energy, and funds going to and from the three sets of meetings. They should have been honest and kept in better communication with me about the change in their needs, and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• After being told there was no Contract Manager position, it was unusual to be asked to give an example of a time I managed people.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in June 2007.

Interview

Phone interview and face to face. The people were late and I waited about 30 minutes. They quickly asked questions but appeared distracted and wanting to just go through the motions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not budge on salary or vacation days but I needed a job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2007.

Interview

25 minute phone interview
    face to face panel interview with 2 different groups
    some of the people were difficult
    some of the people thought they were hiring a ceo

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in August 2007.

Interview

Phone screen then face to face

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Would not budge on vacation nor benefits. Very inflexible on salary range.

Senior Manager, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process at MCS was quick and efficient. Initial contact to offer took less than month, and involved a trip to sunny Central Florida. The process started with an HR phone screen; followed by two video interviews; ending with a day-long marathon interview. The interviews were typical behaviorally based questions, with conversation woven throughout. I got a great sense of the company, the people and the future outlook. Everyone involved was professional and passionate about MCS. It was intense, but an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

An initial offer was present slightly below my initial salary requirement, but they were open to negotiation and we were able to find common ground within the day. The hiring manager presented the offer (more rare than you may think), and the recruiter handled most of the negotiations. It was a smooth and well defined process.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

When you submit a resume they will not reply. Only hire through temp agencies.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to work overtime anytime we want you to   1 Answer

They seem really full of themselves and all the neurotic security made me nervous because really? What kind of contracting business needs that unless they make a lot of people really angry. I mean, its not like they are a top secret government agency

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2014.

Interview

phone interview followed by two in person interviews. pretty standard, just try to know some basics about the industry and have a good reason, even if it's BS about why you want to work there..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

wasn't much room for negotiation.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services in September 2014.

Interview

Short and sweet. Phone interview w/ HR to go over the position. Face to Face interview the following week. They do a criminal back ground and drug screening for all employess.

DM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services (Daytona Beach, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Long and drawn out, but thorough. Talked with about 5 people before the offer. All the people I talked with and met with were good stand up folks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't bother

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Contractor Services in January 2012.

Interview

Very pleasent and organized