Mass Electric Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mass Electric Field Engineer Interview Questions

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Applied online, a week or two later I got an email showing interest and needing to take an online personality/IQ test. After this they needed a Hirevue interview which is like Skype but by yourself. If they liked this review the HR manager had a phone interview trying to find if the job is the right fit. The final step was a face to face panel interview by senior managers. Followed by lunch with lower level managers. FYI lunch is a secondary interview. Overall, a long process, lasting a little over a month, but it seems most companies are going this way anymore. Definitely a positive process. The face to face interview in Boston was not difficult, they're just trying to get to know the candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since, I was an experienced hire I countered the initial offer once. They met me in the middle. I don't believe entry level hires have the option. Overall, a fair negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Mass Electric

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric in September 2016.

Interview

There was an small online test, and there was also a short video interview in which they asked very standard questions. There was also a behavioral test which was somewhat lengthy, but just be yourself and use your best judgement. Then they fly you out for a final in person interview.

Accepted another offer.

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

About as complicated as with other local companies: talk about your experience, get lunch, go to one of the local projects. Should not be the end of the world for somebody who has been through at least couple oc the interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I intitially had a phone interview with Kiewit, which then lead to a Hirevue interview online where you answer pre recorded questions., then they flew me to Mass Electric in Dallas for final interview. Interview questions were kind of what i expected but i was very nervous. Very nice people to talk too. Awesome Experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest concern right now (open ended question)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA) in June 2012.

Interview

You need to apply on line and take a personality survey. You then have at least one phone interview, i had two. After the phone interview, they fly you to their office for a face to face interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

You need to do your homework, but its for the best. They are very thorough in their process, but they force you to think through a long term commitment. It was made very clear, that this is a career and not simply a job. Recruiters were very frank in discussing the pros/con of working at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about Mass. Electric and/or Kiewit? Based on what you know, why do you feel this is the right place for you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I went through 2 phases of interviews, one with a panel of 3 interviewers who asked very standard questions; what makes you qualified, what unique things do you bring to the table, blah blah.

The second interview was in TX with an area manager. This interview was much more serious, he asked about me personally, answered questions about the company and the specific role they had in mind for me. They flew me down and back in the same day, which was surreal for a college student who had only flown a handfull of times up until that point.

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than the next guy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was young and stupid and didn't try to push because I wanted the job. I should have negotiated, regardless of how bad I thought I wanted it.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

Very behavioral process.
    There were 3 interviews. Each being around at least an hour.
    Seems like a competitive envionrment

Interview Questions

• Our company hire many blue-collared workers who are labor union members who have been working at their jobs longer than your lifetime. Have you ever dealt with issues regarding labor union workers   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mass Electric in December 2011.

Interview

The phone interview started off with the basic normal questions. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What would you do if you knew your friend was stealing from the company? Etc.

Interview Questions

• If you came to work for us would you be committed for the long-term?   1 Answer