Mass Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2018

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mass Markets

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Interviewer got right to the point with her questions. The job description is deceptive making the company sound much more interesting than what it really is. Appreciated her candor. Mass Markets did not get my respect with their deception in the description of what the company did.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Mass Markets?   1 Answer
    • did you know you will be selling direct tv ?   1 Answer

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mass Markets (Iowa City, IA) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy process, if you are somewhat competent and hold a conversation you will get the job. They advertise that the pay is higher than it is. Advertised at 30k, offered 10.hr plus commission. Non negotiable about pay.

Customer Service Interview

Interview

I had applied online and got a call back the next day. They left a message, but every time I tried to call back i got the run around and told someone would call me back. I gave the person my available times for call back and every call back is beyond those times. I have also sent multiple emails no answer. Very poor communication and incompetent HR staff.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mass Markets (Des Moines, IA) in February 2017.

Interview

I came in and showed them my photo ID and was told to fill out some questions on the computer. This included a series of tests. Be prepared to take an aptitude test including grammar and math. A lot of the math questions dealt with percentages (I suggests refreshing math skills beforehand). I did not use scratch paper, because I wasn't sure if we were aloud but I would suggest bringing some or asking for some because there is a time limit. Next is a typing test, a couple simulated computer tests (easy), and last is a personality test.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a tiny elephant or huge rodent?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you set a goal and failed   1 Answer

I did not actually decline. I am still waiting to hear if I am offered the position. Although the pay is less than stated online so that is something to consider.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mass Markets (Iowa City, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

They calledcalled me. 5 days a ND in for a one on one. Here is the kicker. The person on the phone said he was impressed with my resume and he was sending it up stairs. When I got to the office the guy behind the desk looked me up and downdown and I could see that I was not the type. Everyone I saw was 25 to maybe 30 years old.
    Took me to a room with a computer and said I needed to fill out some forms, and oh by the way take a typing test. I HAD A CAST ON MY ARM AND HAND! When I pointed this out, he said don't worry about! After the computer, off to talk. He took me to THETHE BREAKROOM WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE AND MANY GOING IN AND OUT.
    OVERVIEW : IF YOUR NOT 25 YEARS OLD FOR GET IT.

Telemarketer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mass Markets (Iowa City, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward. They will hire anyone because the turnover rate. Just be professional. As long as you dont have too much on your background and can pass a cheek swab drug test you'll be fine and hired.