MassMutual Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well. They took time to really figure out whether it would be a good fit between both parties. There was transparency and they give you the pros and cons about the company and the challenges many agents face.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about your position?
    Why did you leave your current position?
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
    Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process was great. The manager was kind and helpful in explaining the job description, potential to grow, all the pros and cons about the job. They also have you take a test on your personality to see if you would do well on the job. I think this might be helpful in some cases but not in all cases since people are all different and no test can give an accurate review of one's potential to success in a given job.

Interview Questions

• How much do you need to make per year starting this year if you were to start working for us? What are you looking for in life?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in July 2009.

Interview

The interview process took five interviews but it was very easy, basically they will hire anyone

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A