MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Given scenarios and asked to answer questions about how you'd handle them; went over resume; informed on what an advisor does; given scenarios and asked how you'd respond to them; talked about the training process and history of the company;
Talked about how you'd make your money

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial advisor position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Interview

Capital Financial Group of MassMutual is a good firm with a strong team of financial advisors and planners. The interviewing process was very professional, and I was highly impressed with the team members with whom I met. Although it was not the best option for me at the time, I would refer them to anyone getting into the financial services industry.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant But the General Agent was a bit aggressive on asking questions, I did not want to answer. He also seemed to convince why the job would suit me.

Interview Questions

• how I view the insurance industry, and how it stacks up against the advisory bussines, and if i would be willing to do both.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview to gauge interest, followed by an in-person interview where they asked some simple questions, but I used it as an opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy and straightforward. First, phone-interview then followed by an in-person interview with different people. Overall, the employees interviewed me were very friendly and honest. The whole interviewing process felt natural and easy.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took only a few weeks. I had three interviews with them all of them with positive interactions. They require an initial personality test to see if you would be a good fit, but other than that it was quite simple.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

A series of one on one meetings followed by a group interview and online personality test. Part of the interview process is to put together your list of people you're going to call when you start. The interview process is not very hard - they don't rule out too many candidates as long as you can pass the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What are your goals?
      Why have you not been as successful as you wanted in past positions?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I successfully negotiated a draw against commission arrangement but wish I had not done this.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in December 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone. I was asked to tell what I knew about the company and what basically the job was about. After the interviewer went over my resume and asked me few questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was an extensive process, not only personality profiles but its very important that you can connect with whoever is interviewing you personally because thats an important part of being an advisor

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. it was really informal and the objective is to connect. the next step was scheduling an in-person interview. the in-person interview was with a recruiter who was jovial and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What is making you leave your current employer?
      What licenses do you have?
      Answer Question