MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.3

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Orange, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   1 Answer

Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very different than other companies. I met the CEO of the firm, I was taken to lunch and dinner which I am assuming happened because of my track record at my previous firm. They talk a lot about themselves and how great they are.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous years' production?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward and easy, phone interview then wen to the office where they give you fact finding worksheets to see if you are comfortable with talking to different people. Last was an interview with the managing partner of the branch you were applying for. Very easy and not stressful at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very simple interview and questions were also easy. First contacted by email through resume posted on Monster, then had a phone conversation, followed by in-person meeting. Very quick interview process. Expected questions about yourself, experience, professional goals. It was a completely commission based role.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals? What are you expecting out of this role?   Answer Question

It was a commission based salary role. I was looking for a more full-time, regular salaried job. Hence declined

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Get a call from recruiting, asked to come in for an interview. First interview asks about your resume for around 20 mins, then move on to basic questions about personalities and goals, then moves on to telling you about the structure of the job (salary, time frame, success stories, etc), then they will provide you a survey to fill regarding your personality. Second interview, given you pass the personality test online, will be about what you'll need to get in a set amount of time to continue (in this case, the insurance license). Then he'll ask if you have any questions.
    The interviewer, Destefano, was amazing. Great guy, really enthusiastic, and is simply a man you do not want to disappoint, because he just exerts positive energy.