MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.3

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Columbia, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

It's phone interview. They asked few questions about my interest in this position, and my community relationship in Metro area. And they also told me something about the work in Thompson Financial Group. Then Q&A

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

a very causal setting, feels like you are having a casual conversation with a friend rather an employer. I have done two of the three recommended interviews, and my last one is this upcoming week.

Interview Questions

• really basic questions about your personality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly lengthy without proper expectations set. The seems fairly personable but at the same time detached and holds himself on a pedestal. He had me meet other advisers to see if I would be a good fit and most of them were very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant But the General Agent was a bit aggressive on asking questions, I did not want to answer. He also seemed to convince why the job would suit me.

Interview Questions

• how I view the insurance industry, and how it stacks up against the advisory bussines, and if i would be willing to do both.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up a interview couple of days after submitting online application. First interview, met with two VPs. Very informative first interview, where they informed you of what the company is about and what kind of person they're looking for etc. Second interview was more in-depth of your background/experience and if you're a people person (basically you'll be answering 8-10 detailed questions asked by interviewer) and they will conduct background check, and send assessments prior to second interview. Third interview very brief, they assign homework for you to seek roughly 200 people you know to build your network of clients and ten short surveys. Once completing these tasks, you'll be determined if you're a right candidate for this position; if so, training and licensing will begin shortly. Please keep in mind, this is a 100% pure commission position (+bonus from company, down the road) and you will need to find your own network of people to sell insurance to (lots of calls, seeking people on the field, etc). If you're not able to speak in front of people or not able to easily communicate with random strangers and getting rejected numerous times, this position would not be for you. However, if you are, the earning potential is there through lots of hard work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what interested you about MassMutual?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 1-1 interview in the office. It's mostly for information - they will go over exactly what the company does and the kinds of roles you play in it/ways to advance. They ask some questions about strength and experience, but is more emphasized on information about the company. He heavily emphasized that this is difficult work, and asks you if you would be interested/capable of it. I was asked back for a second interview, but decided to remove my name from consideration. Although there is potential to make a lot of money, you have no base salary and have to start with trying to sell to friends/family. Unless you have funds you can live off of for a few months without a salary, I would hold back on this job. Not ideal for recent college grads.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Tempe, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

Meeting with a manger to determine if you're a good fit for the company.
    Next meeting is with the same manager and a recruiter who oversees hiring.
    No other meetings, just application process
    It's a bit backwards compared to traditional companies

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Peoria, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first interview was just about the company and the financial advisor role. The second got into the role a bit more, and there were some basic interview questions. The last interview went over compensation.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to demonstrate leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

In person interviews with several people at the local office. Very few questions were asked by the interviewers. They needed warm bodies and little more. Most people did not make it through their "training program" that was almost a week long.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you can sell life insurance.   1 Answer