MassMutual Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Camden, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

A few phone interviews and 3 in person interviews. People were nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. They were pretty big on looking at your personality questions and tests. I wish glassdoor didnt make me give some type of review to get full access

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Meridian, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer was very personal and professional. I was very comfortable speaking with him. He asked many personal questions, one of which I was not comfortable with answering. He sensed this and changed the subject quickly.

Interview Questions

• This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

4 interviews, didnt really explain the day to day very much, spoke a lot about long term benefits. it was more them convincing me to take the job than it was me trying to convince them to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process mainly consisted of my asking questions to the recruiter, but also with some general questions about parts of my resume. They were mainly looking to see that I had researched the company and that I was able to communicate effectively, and after the interview there was a follow up with personality questions to evaluate whether or not I was a good fit for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying on careerbuilder, I received a call from their recruiter to come in for an interview. He said I seemed like a good fit. Scheduled second interview, met with head agent and director of training and was sent home with a homework assignment to practice contacting friends and family to prospect. I called in to reject offer and was hung up on.

Interview Questions

No base salary. Pay is all commission.

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It was the first interview so it mostly consisted of these two males explaining what the company is all about and if they send you a personality test and complete it you will find out that day whether you go to a 2nd rounder.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a potential client says "Why would I choose you to invest my 20,000 when I can get Bob over here who has 8 years of experience and has proven himself in the industry?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Iowa City, IA) in May 2012.

Interview

It took 7 days and asked behavioral questions and asked me to collect 500 different contacts before the second interview. They were asking me questions about different mutual funds. The interview atmosphere was relaxing at that time.