MassMutual Financial Service Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Service Professional Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I was introduced to a Financial Advisor from a mutual friend, he reached out to me over the phone to connect briefly and after discussing what I was looking for professionally he invited me into the office to have a more formal meeting in person. I was looking for an operational position, something not tied directly to sales but I wanted to keep an open mind during the meeting to see what opportunities were available.

The overall interaction was very welcoming and accommodating, not to mention very informative about the company and position. He talked about things like company background, products and services sold, incentive structure, and prospecting process. Financial Service Professionals are pretty much strictly commission with yearly kickers and modifiers. Depends on your personality if you are willing to put it in the work and grow a book of business over time.

Left the interview with a follow up reply to take a personality assessment and schedule a follow up meeting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Got a call within a few days for some initial talk and invite for face-to-face interview. Was given 10 surveys to be filled out before the second interview to prove that I had potential markets. This was difficult for me because I didn't know who to turn to besides family members. They want to know that you can be in contact with people who can actually afford to buy insurance products. Interviews were pleasant and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that last about 30 minutes learning more about me. After the interview they want to know what geographical area you prefer. Scheduled for a office interview the next week to meet with the managers.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and not intimidating. The interviewers were very friendly and did not make you feel nervous at all. Its for a sales role so you have to be good with conversation. They definitely screen you.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was laid back. Needed to complete an couple of questionnaires to your friends and family to make sure you are comfortable asking financial related questions. They don't just give anyone the job, they want to make sure that they are ethical people. Although without a base salary or wage they don't have a whole lot invested in you.

Interview Questions

• Are you alright with getting out of your comfort zone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Buffalo, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was pretty long, I went through a series of interviews, a personality test, and examination for getting licensed. The process is long so they ensure the candidates they hire are going to stick around - this isn't an easy career AT ALL!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Four part interview. Phone, 1 on 1, potential clientel list, offer. Long process. Also, have to pass exams. Overall it is a pretty easy interview process. It just took a couple weeks since I was still finishing school at the time.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. I came in for a face to face interview and it was more of me interviewing the employer. I came in again for a second interview and it was basically like I already had the job we just reviewed how commission would go.

Negotiation

No negotiation. 100% commission

Financial Services Professional Interview

Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR).

Interview

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question