MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR).

Interview

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MassMutual in August 2009.

Interview

Very streamlined and up front.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Got a call within a few days for some initial talk and invite for face-to-face interview. Was given 10 surveys to be filled out before the second interview to prove that I had potential markets. This was difficult for me because I didn't know who to turn to besides family members. They want to know that you can be in contact with people who can actually afford to buy insurance products. Interviews were pleasant and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that last about 30 minutes learning more about me. After the interview they want to know what geographical area you prefer. Scheduled for a office interview the next week to meet with the managers.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Buffalo, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was pretty long, I went through a series of interviews, a personality test, and examination for getting licensed. The process is long so they ensure the candidates they hire are going to stick around - this isn't an easy career AT ALL!

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Four part interview. Phone, 1 on 1, potential clientel list, offer. Long process. Also, have to pass exams. Overall it is a pretty easy interview process. It just took a couple weeks since I was still finishing school at the time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in July 2011.

Interview

Before you can sell they want to first make sure you have your Life and Health Insurance License. And even after that you have two sit for about 2 weeks for training to make sure you say exactly, word for word, their sales language when you are infront of someone.

Interview Questions

• You have to compile a list of 200 people that you will call on for your first sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable financing.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Interview

Go through 4 interviews. They ask a lot of questions to try to get to know me. Not just work questions but life goals. I think its nice that they want to know how I am as a person to see how I will fit not only in the industry, but in the culture of the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. Pretty self explanitory

Financial Service Professional Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in December 2011.

Interview

Originally i was contacted by a recruiter which scheduled me to do an interview.
    - The first interview was pretty basic, explaining how the position worked, following up with some basic interview questions. I was told to complete a personality test online before continuing on to the next interview.
    - The Second interview consisted of more questions. These questions were mainly geared towards the understanding of the position and the type of person you are. Seeking that you are a rational, logical, motivated, and someone who can take rejection.

Overall I found everyone to be very nice and professional. The atmosphere of the office made me feel very high up and prestige.

Interview Questions

• where do you see your self in 3 years? what about in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • what are characteristics of a financial services professional   Answer Question

I didn't feel i would be able to market myself after using all of my natural resources (family & friends)