MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Financial Services Professional Interview

Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

They had me come in for multiple interviews/appointments over the course of a month. We had discussions and talks which were basically to judge my character and make sure I was personable and able to prospect for potential clients.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be able to survive in this tough business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Seemed very different from others. Only 3 interviews all less than 30 minutes of the company promoting themselves. No phone interview, no IQ test, only personality test and background check.

Seems like a great company but I received an offer from my dream job.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and not intimidating. The interviewers were very friendly and did not make you feel nervous at all. Its for a sales role so you have to be good with conversation. They definitely screen you.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Interview

Contacted by MassMutual Rep for a 1:1 interview after applying online. First interview was an overview of the company and products they offer, basic questions about myself (i.e. Do you have a large contact base, would you be willing to work off commission, etc...). Second interview consisted of a more in depth view of the company and systems/processes used to prospect and keep clients, and an offer.

Interview Questions

• If offered a position, do you believe that you will have a large enough contact base to begin prospecting ? (large enough meant at least 200)   1 Answer

No base salary, commission only.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nå (Norway)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Nå (Norway)) in September 2012.

Interview

4 interviews. All easy and pretty standard. It seems like they don't hire you until you ask to be hired or ask what the next steps are to starting at the company.

Interview Questions

• Took a survey online that statistically guessed that I would not be very successful that the position. As a matter of fact it was correct, I was not very successful at the time because I was uncomfortable on the phone   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's what you are going to get paid if each type of insurance sale: $X, $Y, $Z. If you do joint work you get 1/2. You get this amount for residuals per year $xx.xx

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hunt Valley, MD) in May 2009.

Interview

First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

Very easy!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Everyone starts out with the same commissions.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. I came in for a face to face interview and it was more of me interviewing the employer. I came in again for a second interview and it was basically like I already had the job we just reviewed how commission would go.

Negotiation

No negotiation. 100% commission