MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Questions

2.6

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an agent?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Buffalo, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was pretty long, I went through a series of interviews, a personality test, and examination for getting licensed. The process is long so they ensure the candidates they hire are going to stick around - this isn't an easy career AT ALL!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions

• First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newport Beach, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Seemed very different from others. Only 3 interviews all less than 30 minutes of the company promoting themselves. No phone interview, no IQ test, only personality test and background check.

Seems like a great company but I received an offer from my dream job.

Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

They had me come in for multiple interviews/appointments over the course of a month. We had discussions and talks which were basically to judge my character and make sure I was personable and able to prospect for potential clients.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be able to survive in this tough business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

Went in and met with recruiting director who told me about the job and pay structure. was sent a personality test to take online which basically evaluated if you were a good fit for a sales job. Got called in for a second interview with a senior person who spoke more in depth about the job and about selling insurance. they wanted me to complete a spreadsheet about potential leads for myself based on my network and ask people what they thought about financial advisors/insurance sales. Said I would be back for a 3rd interview the following week which we set up at the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• what do you think about insurance salesmen?   1 Answer

didn't want to sell linsurance

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Buffalo, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Submitted my Resume to a current agent. He forwarded it to the agency recruiter. He contacted me to take an online aptitude test, then interviewed with him for 2 hours. Interviewed with the sales manager, then with the general agent.. Had to pass a background check and credit check as well as obtain Life Insurance License at my own cost.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Zero negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Center Valley, PA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was looking around in the industry and interviewed with MassMutual, Guardian, NYL, and Northwestern just to see what companies was the best. The interview processes are all the same, and I picked Northwestern out of the four because I thought they had the best training program.

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hunt Valley, MD) in May 2009.

Interview

First interview will be with a sales manager. They will review the sales process and the products that you will be able to sell. This can last about 30min to an hour. You will be questioned as to your self motivational skills and internal need to succeed. You will need to exhibit a competitive nature and provide examples. You will have at least one more interview with the sales manager and the general agent after the initial. At this time, the compesation schedule and bonus structure will be reviewed. Typically the interviews end with a decision on your part. They will ask you if you want the job. This is a sales position and if you are willing to put forth the effort, there is minimal chance that you will not be hired. There is no base salary, so from a management standpoint....they have nothing to lose in giving you a shot. I met many hires from numerous educational and professional backgrounds. So industry experience is not necessarily required.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make cold calls? No questions were particularly difficult or tricky as far as provoking thought. Just simply are you willing to do what is required. I was unsure if I was willing to cold call. That is why it was a difficult question for me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no base salary option. So you are offered a few incentive based commission schedules. I chose the one with the highest potential payout.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nå (Norway)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Nå (Norway)) in September 2012.

Interview

4 interviews. All easy and pretty standard. It seems like they don't hire you until you ask to be hired or ask what the next steps are to starting at the company.

Interview Questions

• Took a survey online that statistically guessed that I would not be very successful that the position. As a matter of fact it was correct, I was not very successful at the time because I was uncomfortable on the phone   1 Answer

Negotiation

Here's what you are going to get paid if each type of insurance sale: $X, $Y, $Z. If you do joint work you get 1/2. You get this amount for residuals per year $xx.xx