MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

2.4

56 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Three interviews, the first on the phone and the last two in person with a financial advisor. The phone interview was more about me and getting to know me, following that I was given a personality online test. The second interview was a little bit about me but more explaining the career in financial services. The last interview was more in-depth what the job and compensation looks like.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job are you looking to have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I thought the interview process was going very well with MassMutual. They don't believe in using the STAR method to interview you or anything technical in that way. However, they require you to take part in 4 different interviews. I had gotten to the second interview and I thought it went really well. That was until I never received a call back from MassMutual again. You would think that they would be more professional and at least call or send an email to inform me that I wasn't what they wanted instead of me sitting around and waiting for a response.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was laid back and enjoyable. The interviewer explained that portion of the process well. I was then given a personality identification application. I was taken to a conference room where I was given the choice of seating. The interviewer was very cordial and likable.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to communication and articulation as well as background and experience. They looked to how I carried myself and recommended the next step. The interviewer was also concerned with whether I was comfortable with commission income.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY).

Interview

You complete a Hogan personality profile, if you fail, you are basically out. There is a structured interview where they score your answers and the manager will work fuzzy math to make sure you pass. It's a step above giving you a mirror to fog with your breath proving you have a pulse. Expect three interviews and a job offer if you just show up. It's all commission so why not hire you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a fairly structured interview/hiring process. You will undergo a series of multiple interviews to determine if you are the right fit for the job. For me, it began with a phone interview between the recruiter, head agent, and myself. That lead to an in-person interview where I met with the recruiter and two other representatives. The two representatives were both early-to-mid twenties and described their experience thus far. I was pretty impressed with the presentation and it was evident how much pride they had in maintaining their company culture.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and aspirations in a job like this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Warwick, RI).

Interview

Interview was casual, do your homework on the company and shouldn't have trouble selling yourself. They're trying to hire young people and reap benefits of their personal connections. Potential to earn quite a bit but you'll be asked to hound your family and friends endlessly.