MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY).

Interview

You complete a Hogan personality profile, if you fail, you are basically out. There is a structured interview where they score your answers and the manager will work fuzzy math to make sure you pass. It's a step above giving you a mirror to fog with your breath proving you have a pulse. Expect three interviews and a job offer if you just show up. It's all commission so why not hire you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a fairly structured interview/hiring process. You will undergo a series of multiple interviews to determine if you are the right fit for the job. For me, it began with a phone interview between the recruiter, head agent, and myself. That lead to an in-person interview where I met with the recruiter and two other representatives. The two representatives were both early-to-mid twenties and described their experience thus far. I was pretty impressed with the presentation and it was evident how much pride they had in maintaining their company culture.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and aspirations in a job like this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Warwick, RI).

Interview

Interview was casual, do your homework on the company and shouldn't have trouble selling yourself. They're trying to hire young people and reap benefits of their personal connections. Potential to earn quite a bit but you'll be asked to hound your family and friends endlessly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It took 2 interviews and I landed the job. I met my recruiter at my university career fair. A week or two later I got a call from the secretary and had a quick chat. Another call a few days later and we scheduled the interview. Two interviews in person after that

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. First was regular, basic questions to get an idea of your personality. Second was a small overview of how the internship will be and given a small assignment then the last you're given more info and a possible offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer