MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Warwick, RI).

Interview

Interview was casual, do your homework on the company and shouldn't have trouble selling yourself. They're trying to hire young people and reap benefits of their personal connections. Potential to earn quite a bit but you'll be asked to hound your family and friends endlessly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It took 2 interviews and I landed the job. I met my recruiter at my university career fair. A week or two later I got a call from the secretary and had a quick chat. Another call a few days later and we scheduled the interview. Two interviews in person after that

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. First was regular, basic questions to get an idea of your personality. Second was a small overview of how the internship will be and given a small assignment then the last you're given more info and a possible offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

3 on campus interviews with a friendly recruiter. All interviews seemed to sell the company and make sure the candidate knew exactly what they were getting into by letting the high turn over be known.

Interview Questions

A better opportunity arose elsewhere. The insurance/investment sector is not for me. Had multiple experts opinions on the position and they didn't agree with the p 200 assignment. The company has nothing to lose doing it that way and gains potential customers to solicite.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process consists of a series of interviews with one of a few VPs. If you can show that you have a proactive work attitude and a lot of self motivation, you will get the job easily. Lots of questions refer to if you identify with the mission of the company. It is not difficult as long as you are personable as this is mainly a sales position. If you can connect with your interviewer, you will be okay throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus Recruitment
    In person informal HR interview at MM
    Personality pop7 test at home
    2 on 1 Job Details lecture/interview
    p200
    I then stopped the interview process at that point

In the HR interview it was typical personal stuff and why you'd like to work there and leaderhsip/diverse experiences and teamwork yadda yadda...

The pop7 is a personality test where they want you to say that you are an aggressive sales person who's outgoing and competitive etc...look up the sort of answers you are expected to give and you should get a 5 easy.

the job details overview was mostly me listening and chiming in to show I understood. It was a senior sales rep and the HR person again. Look sharp and pay attention.

Then they want you to get a list of 200 names for your initial clients (p200), where it seems like they really just want to be able to take advantage of the fact that your friends and family are more likely to buy insurance from you than from MM directly. I'm not saying it's a scam, but understand that a very small percentage of starting financial services reps actually make it in this business, but MM gets all those names from every single one of them regardless. I wasn't about to compromise all of my family/friend relations for that.

After that is an interview with the president which I never did because I chose not to complete the p200 and thus the interview process.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, prodding to see if you are psychologically normal, can work in groups, know generally what MM does, etc...   1 Answer