MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There were 5 interviews I went through. Here's how it went.
Phone Interview: They asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be in this industry. They gave me some information about the position. What they did. How a day is like as an advisor. Pretty informative discussion.
1st Interview. They dug in about what I did in the past and what my skills were like. Talked about what my plans were and found out more about the business. I got much more information at this interview too. I liked how they were detailed about the questions, yet very helpful with answering mine too. Very straight forward. They didn't dance around with what i wanted to know.
2nd Interview. Questions were harder. Got to know each other much more. At this point I felt like it was a really good fit for me because I knew what I was getting into.
3rd Interview. I was to do a business plan for this career. Took a lot of time, but it was really good. Made me learn about what I was getting into and more about myself. Made me visualize this industry a lot better. Really glad I did it not just for the interview but for myself too.
4th Interview. Probably the deepest interview in regards to getting to know my life. Business and personal stuff. Talked about what made me who I am today. Talked about what I wanted in the future. Got to really know more about the company. Felt really good about it.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my business plan for my future. Thought it might be easy to answer, but I never interviewed at a place where they cared about my personal lifestyle too. Too me I was thrown off, but I liked the fact that they cared about what my life goals were.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Start off with a phone interview to get to know the person. 1st interview is a general getting to know each other interview. 2nd interview they go in much more detail as for my background and goals. 3rd interview will be a presentation and some business planning discussion. 4th interview is a more in depth interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It took 2 interviews and I landed the job. I met my recruiter at my university career fair. A week or two later I got a call from the secretary and had a quick chat. Another call a few days later and we scheduled the interview. Two interviews in person after that

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Colchester, VT) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. A lot of personality based questions that really dig at whether are not being a representative is an appropriate career for you. You are working on 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in your life where you faced adversity, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. First was regular, basic questions to get an idea of your personality. Second was a small overview of how the internship will be and given a small assignment then the last you're given more info and a possible offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Warwick, RI).

Interview

Interview was casual, do your homework on the company and shouldn't have trouble selling yourself. They're trying to hire young people and reap benefits of their personal connections. Potential to earn quite a bit but you'll be asked to hound your family and friends endlessly.