MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 19, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It took 2 interviews and I landed the job. I met my recruiter at my university career fair. A week or two later I got a call from the secretary and had a quick chat. Another call a few days later and we scheduled the interview. Two interviews in person after that

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process consists of a series of interviews with one of a few VPs. If you can show that you have a proactive work attitude and a lot of self motivation, you will get the job easily. Lots of questions refer to if you identify with the mission of the company. It is not difficult as long as you are personable as this is mainly a sales position. If you can connect with your interviewer, you will be okay throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with different employees at the firm. Easy questions, mostly just getting a feel for my personality and how I would fit in with the firm. Each interviewer went over the responsibilities of the role. I was also asked to come back in with a long list of potential leads for generating income.

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Colchester, VT) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. A lot of personality based questions that really dig at whether are not being a representative is an appropriate career for you. You are working on 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in your life where you faced adversity, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. First was regular, basic questions to get an idea of your personality. Second was a small overview of how the internship will be and given a small assignment then the last you're given more info and a possible offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Warwick, RI).

Interview

Interview was casual, do your homework on the company and shouldn't have trouble selling yourself. They're trying to hire young people and reap benefits of their personal connections. Potential to earn quite a bit but you'll be asked to hound your family and friends endlessly.