MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.4

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

3 on campus interviews with a friendly recruiter. All interviews seemed to sell the company and make sure the candidate knew exactly what they were getting into by letting the high turn over be known.

Interview Questions

A better opportunity arose elsewhere. The insurance/investment sector is not for me. Had multiple experts opinions on the position and they didn't agree with the p 200 assignment. The company has nothing to lose doing it that way and gains potential customers to solicite.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process consists of a series of interviews with one of a few VPs. If you can show that you have a proactive work attitude and a lot of self motivation, you will get the job easily. Lots of questions refer to if you identify with the mission of the company. It is not difficult as long as you are personable as this is mainly a sales position. If you can connect with your interviewer, you will be okay throughout the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

On Campus Recruitment
    In person informal HR interview at MM
    Personality pop7 test at home
    2 on 1 Job Details lecture/interview
    p200
    I then stopped the interview process at that point

In the HR interview it was typical personal stuff and why you'd like to work there and leaderhsip/diverse experiences and teamwork yadda yadda...

The pop7 is a personality test where they want you to say that you are an aggressive sales person who's outgoing and competitive etc...look up the sort of answers you are expected to give and you should get a 5 easy.

the job details overview was mostly me listening and chiming in to show I understood. It was a senior sales rep and the HR person again. Look sharp and pay attention.

Then they want you to get a list of 200 names for your initial clients (p200), where it seems like they really just want to be able to take advantage of the fact that your friends and family are more likely to buy insurance from you than from MM directly. I'm not saying it's a scam, but understand that a very small percentage of starting financial services reps actually make it in this business, but MM gets all those names from every single one of them regardless. I wasn't about to compromise all of my family/friend relations for that.

After that is an interview with the president which I never did because I chose not to complete the p200 and thus the interview process.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions, prodding to see if you are psychologically normal, can work in groups, know generally what MM does, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very basic conversation back and forth to gain background knowledge. Explains how the company operates and what the day-to-day looks like. Inquires about sales background and certain skills that would be necessary in order to be successful.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any interest in sales?
      Is being an entrepreneur exciting to you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted a few hours after submitting my resume and asked to come in for an interview the following day. I was impressed with the professionalism of the office where I attended my interview. Met with a manager who was very cordial and asked the usual questions you might expect for an initial interview. Overall, a very good interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and very quickly received a phone all from a sales manager. We set up an interview very quickly. I would say the process lasted about 2 days to secure the interview. At the Piedmont Office, the manager asked a few questions the same time but overall was pretty cool. It wasn't a hard interview at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked about connections those seem really important.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It is 1 to 1 interview, the person is very nice. Need introduce yourself first, then Just few questions such as when have you been in America. Just feel relax. If you don't know the answer of the question, it's OK. They won't give you difficult questions.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual in April 2015.

Interview

I was told it was a 4 interview process. First interview via phone, then to get a second interview you needed to take a personality test.

Normally I'd expect MBTI or something of the sort, but it was around 160 questions in groups of 10 asking you to rate how much of a certain trait you are such as "hard working". Humorously, these groups of 10 were more or less the same, just with synonyms. After that there were actual questions like if I am annoyed by salespeople and things like that. Overall it made me feel like they wanted someone who thinks telemarketers are good people.

In the phone interview I asked what the biggest thing they look for in an employee and was told "someone with a lot of connections to sell to". It seemed to me they're more interested in hiring a person for who they know rather than what they know.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel annoyed when salespeople call you at home? (from the personality test)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three in person interviews. A lot of the process was the interviewer explaining to you the commission based salary. One interview was an hour long info session. Otherwise, normal interview questions (strengths, weaknesses, tell me about yourself, why are you interested, etc.) The interview process was long, I originally applied in September and received the offer in March.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Answer Question

Did not want an entirely commission based salary.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with different employees at the firm. Easy questions, mostly just getting a feel for my personality and how I would fit in with the firm. Each interviewer went over the responsibilities of the role. I was also asked to come back in with a long list of potential leads for generating income.