MassMutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in October 2016.

Interview

Generic sales position interview questions. Wasn't impressed with company culture and sales manager pitch. Met recruiter at college, she was very kind, informative, and engaging. I was excited to receive a call from her a week later inviting me to an interview. Interview was conducted by a sales manager. He seemed uninterested in getting to know more about me and scripted with his speech. Offer was extended. Turned off by interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with recruiter and one with general agent. Very casual setting with pretty general questions regarding background and history. The recruiter was extremely helpful and willing to help with the process and meeting goals and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I had one phone screening, an interview with a recruiter, an an interview with the General Agent. The questions that were asked were fairly simple and easy to answer especially because you could tell they were looking for a specific type of answer.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, applied for the internship online and heard back very quickly. Scheduled an interview for the following week and got the position. Very Good. Would recommend to any other person.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy, mostly about whether the candidate is a sales person even though I was looking for a analytical position. This was not made clear before I went in to meet with the manager. I was then told to complete the online personality tests which I'm guessing was not what he was looking for because I never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

- was called in right after I submitted my resume, visited the office and did a group interview with about 5 other candidates.
    - a good opportunity to ask questions
    - was called back for a second round the next day.

Interview Questions

• tell us a little bit about yourself and your interest in the position?

-about an hour of information about the company and the program, they did not really ask about the candidate's experience/qualifications. Just a basic introduction   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a Financial Advisor a few days later. Once we connected on the phone, nothing major was spoken about, they just wanted to hear my voice and set up an interview. Went in for the interview and it was extremely laid back and it felt as if I already had the internship. They gave me a brief description of the job task and explained that I would have to obtain my Health and Medical Insurance licenses.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit at MassMutual?
      Do you see yourself in this career field and why?
      What do you know about MassMutual?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was more of an info session. The specific job ended up being more of a sales position for insurance. The woman was very polite and enthusiastic and the interview left with the group of interviewees responsible for contacting for further information. The first interview was mostly an information session and I need not continue with the opportunity.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. The process took about 3 weeks. Had one initial interview where they went over my resume and asked your normal questions and told me more about the internship and questions I had for them about it. Then had a second interview where they let me conduct the interview and ask all the questions and then more info on the internship was given.