MassMutual Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with recruiter and one with general agent. Very casual setting with pretty general questions regarding background and history. The recruiter was extremely helpful and willing to help with the process and meeting goals and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I obtained an opportunity to interview with MassMutual through a campus career fair. The interview commenced about two weeks after the fair with a director and lasted about 30 minutes. It was a standard behavioral interview with resume related questions included. I only went through one round before I received an offer but some have noted going through 2 rounds.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual in January 2015.

Interview

I did a phone screening interview in January 2015. The interviewer was friendly, efficient, and seemed to love working at MassMutual. Over all, it was a wonderful experience for me.
    I recommend that you have a few questions that you would like to ask because my interviewer answered them very well.

Interview Questions

• Q: A big challenge I have faced in the past and how I overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, applied for the internship online and heard back very quickly. Scheduled an interview for the following week and got the position. Very Good. Would recommend to any other person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, Basic questions regarding education. They wanted to see what kind of person you were, and if you could sell their products with confidence. Overall easy interview. More Sales, than i had expected, which is why I declined the offer. Large Fortune100 company though with a great reputation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How will you attain your own clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Two interviews. First was technical but not to hard. Asked about past work experience and responsibilities. Second was more behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I had one phone screening, an interview with a recruiter, an an interview with the General Agent. The questions that were asked were fairly simple and easy to answer especially because you could tell they were looking for a specific type of answer.