MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.5

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I was introduced to a Financial Advisor from a mutual friend, he reached out to me over the phone to connect briefly and after discussing what I was looking for professionally he invited me into the office to have a more formal meeting in person. I was looking for an operational position, something not tied directly to sales but I wanted to keep an open mind during the meeting to see what opportunities were available.

The overall interaction was very welcoming and accommodating, not to mention very informative about the company and position. He talked about things like company background, products and services sold, incentive structure, and prospecting process. Financial Service Professionals are pretty much strictly commission with yearly kickers and modifiers. Depends on your personality if you are willing to put it in the work and grow a book of business over time.

Left the interview with a follow up reply to take a personality assessment and schedule a follow up meeting.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well. They took time to really figure out whether it would be a good fit between both parties. There was transparency and they give you the pros and cons about the company and the challenges many agents face.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about your position?
      Why did you leave your current position?
      1 Answer

Monitoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen specifying requirements an onsite was scheduled. Lo an behold when I get there there was no position, nothing in process and a complete lack of understanding of the requirements fleshed out by me in the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few technical questions and I got the distinct feeling they were looking for engineering or architectural suggestions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Meridian, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer was very personal and professional. I was very comfortable speaking with him. He asked many personal questions, one of which I was not comfortable with answering. He sensed this and changed the subject quickly.

Interview Questions

• This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 1-1 interview in the office. It's mostly for information - they will go over exactly what the company does and the kinds of roles you play in it/ways to advance. They ask some questions about strength and experience, but is more emphasized on information about the company. He heavily emphasized that this is difficult work, and asks you if you would be interested/capable of it. I was asked back for a second interview, but decided to remove my name from consideration. Although there is potential to make a lot of money, you have no base salary and have to start with trying to sell to friends/family. Unless you have funds you can live off of for a few months without a salary, I would hold back on this job. Not ideal for recent college grads.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in October 2016.

Interview

Generic sales position interview questions. Wasn't impressed with company culture and sales manager pitch. Met recruiter at college, she was very kind, informative, and engaging. I was excited to receive a call from her a week later inviting me to an interview. Interview was conducted by a sales manager. He seemed uninterested in getting to know more about me and scripted with his speech. Offer was extended. Turned off by interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

In person interviews with several people at the local office. Very few questions were asked by the interviewers. They needed warm bodies and little more. Most people did not make it through their "training program" that was almost a week long.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you can sell life insurance.   1 Answer

Entry Level Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

A lot of questions, nice but vague. There were a lot of feeler questions. It was hard to get a grasp on what was going on. The job description was indirect.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview Why did you leave your last employer?
MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview How much were you making at your last job?
MassMutual Financial Services Professional Interview What's one thing you didn't like about your last job?
MassMutual Agent Interview San Jose, CA What do you enjoy about your position? Why did you leave your current position?
MassMutual Monitoring Engineer Interview New York, NY I was asked very few technical questions and I got the distinct feeling they were looking for engineering or architectural suggestions.
MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Miami, FL Do I have the drive to work independently?
MassMutual Financial Representative Interview Meridian, ID This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.
MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Richmond, VA Tell me why you're fit for this kind of job.
MassMutual Intern Interview Why would you like to work in financial services?
MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Name a time you had to sell something.
MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Syracuse, NY Do you believe you can sell life insurance.
MassMutual Entry Level Associate Interview Portland, OR How do you handle stress