MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Field Services Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

First started with a phone interview, took a few days to set up a face to face interview. Very lengthy amount of questions, they seemed very serious. I couldn't get a good read on how the interview was going. I followed up with a thank you email for taking the time to interview me and why I thought I was a good candidate for the position. They emailed back saying thank you for taking the time to meet with us. About two weeks later I got an automated email saying they did not choose me for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I hand a stressful project? Would I work independently or as a team?   Answer Question
    • How would I handle a angry customer   Answer Question
    • Why do I feel like I am a good fit for this position/company   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone screen. I then interviewed with a Vice President level manager. I then interviewed with fellow Business Analysts. Overall impression was great and immediately recognized how competent the team was. Since this was a very large project that involved third party teams and offshore, my experience with working with offshore was critical.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Given scenarios and asked to answer questions about how you'd handle them; went over resume; informed on what an advisor does; given scenarios and asked how you'd respond to them; talked about the training process and history of the company;
    Talked about how you'd make your money

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial advisor position?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Lengthy. It took a while about 2-3 in person interviews on top of 2-3 phone interviews and then a separate appointment for a rigorous testing and had to wait almost a week for results and final interview then had to submit to a drug screening and wait another week or more for confirmation of passing and an offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Long interview process, they will tell you around 17 interview for every one person hired. There is about 5 or 6 steps until the final interview. After going through the whole process they then expect you to sell to family and friends for while taking a higher ranking sales representative with you to all sales for the first two years.

Interview Questions

• They have you fill out a 200 list of everyone you know and have phone numbers and emails for.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiter, then a skills assesment exam. and then one interview with two managers. The managers took turns asking questions for about half an hour. They were both extremely nice and it was not an aggressive interview. It went smoothly. Then a background check, and a drug test. The entire interview and testing took over 2 months. Be on time and dress well.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest example of customer service that you have performed.   Answer Question

Early CareerProgram (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a "phone screening" to start. There was a lot of behavioral questions that I was personally not expecting. Kind of my fault for not preparing better, but it was behavioral question after behavioral question. Probably about 6-8 of these. Other than that there was pretty basic interview questions such as why you applied, why you're interested, etc, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to convince people in a group about an idea? How did you convince them that your idea was better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   1 Answer

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

GM and AGM gave a very thorough overview of job expectations and renumeration parameters. I was shown the work environment, introduced to support staff. My overall impression: this is a first rate, professional operation and one that anyone should feel good about calling their workplace.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for building a unit?   1 Answer
    • I was also queried about past experiences, and how that shaped my expectations going forward. Both interviewers shared personal experiences in their career with mass mutual.   1 Answer