MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There have been several instances where I have gone for a personal interview, and an instance where I applied for Call Center position. The recruiting office is a separate company that does the hiring for Mass Mutual. It is usually a recruiter emailing or calling you to set up a day and time to meet with the hiring manager for the department you applied for. I have met with a few hiring managers that SEEM friendly, but also make the interview process intimidating. I don't understand how Mass Mutual can be a company that wants you to excel but doesn't give people to opportunity to show what they are worth. Mass Mutual makes you feel very discouraged in the job seeking process. You don't feel qualified for much after your interview, and the emails they send out "although your resume is impressive we have chosen a candidate that better suits the position" What did I do wrong in the interview? Did I not answer their questions the way they wanted?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and deadlines on a time crunch?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Early CareerProgram (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a "phone screening" to start. There was a lot of behavioral questions that I was personally not expecting. Kind of my fault for not preparing better, but it was behavioral question after behavioral question. Probably about 6-8 of these. Other than that there was pretty basic interview questions such as why you applied, why you're interested, etc, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to convince people in a group about an idea? How did you convince them that your idea was better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Financial Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in October 2009.

Interview

Seemed to be reading of a script in the office. I ended up feeling empty after the interview was completed. I will not pursue this any further

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Columbia, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

It's phone interview. They asked few questions about my interest in this position, and my community relationship in Metro area. And they also told me something about the work in Thompson Financial Group. Then Q&A

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

They are basically only looking for you to contact the people you personally know and sell them their products. It's a cold calling job for the lowest position and they don't provide you with numbers to call. They also expect you to have X amount of meetings per day with possible clients.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiters are professional; however, a few over speak. They do a great job of preparing and coaching for an interview. They could do a much better job of providing feedback when an offer is not made. The hiring managers seem to have an elitest mentality almost as if you should beg to work for the company. The questions were very elementary and did little to uncover what I would bring to the table or what I was looking for in the role. Very manager 101 questions, robotic/ little personality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when motivating a team was difficult and the success of your job depended on it.   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Meridian, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer was very personal and professional. I was very comfortable speaking with him. He asked many personal questions, one of which I was not comfortable with answering. He sensed this and changed the subject quickly.

Interview Questions

• This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.   1 Answer