MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

351 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Found online by recruiter. Email sent and I replied within one month. We corresponded for sometime while I made up my mind. Finally, we set up appointments. I was screened by phone for fifteen minutes. I interviewed for two hours in office.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe the ideal characteristics of my career?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Director, Call Center Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had three phone and two in person interviews. They were behavioral style and general questions. I also completed a Director's assessment on-line. The employees conducting the interviews have been both professional and friendly.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There have been several instances where I have gone for a personal interview, and an instance where I applied for Call Center position. The recruiting office is a separate company that does the hiring for Mass Mutual. It is usually a recruiter emailing or calling you to set up a day and time to meet with the hiring manager for the department you applied for. I have met with a few hiring managers that SEEM friendly, but also make the interview process intimidating. I don't understand how Mass Mutual can be a company that wants you to excel but doesn't give people to opportunity to show what they are worth. Mass Mutual makes you feel very discouraged in the job seeking process. You don't feel qualified for much after your interview, and the emails they send out "although your resume is impressive we have chosen a candidate that better suits the position" What did I do wrong in the interview? Did I not answer their questions the way they wanted?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and deadlines on a time crunch?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone screen. I then interviewed with a Vice President level manager. I then interviewed with fellow Business Analysts. Overall impression was great and immediately recognized how competent the team was. Since this was a very large project that involved third party teams and offshore, my experience with working with offshore was critical.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Given scenarios and asked to answer questions about how you'd handle them; went over resume; informed on what an advisor does; given scenarios and asked how you'd respond to them; talked about the training process and history of the company;
    Talked about how you'd make your money

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Lengthy. It took a while about 2-3 in person interviews on top of 2-3 phone interviews and then a separate appointment for a rigorous testing and had to wait almost a week for results and final interview then had to submit to a drug screening and wait another week or more for confirmation of passing and an offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Long interview process, they will tell you around 17 interview for every one person hired. There is about 5 or 6 steps until the final interview. After going through the whole process they then expect you to sell to family and friends for while taking a higher ranking sales representative with you to all sales for the first two years.

Interview Questions

• They have you fill out a 200 list of everyone you know and have phone numbers and emails for.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Memphis, TN) in February 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews with recruiter, then a skills assesment exam. and then one interview with two managers. The managers took turns asking questions for about half an hour. They were both extremely nice and it was not an aggressive interview. It went smoothly. Then a background check, and a drug test. The entire interview and testing took over 2 months. Be on time and dress well.

Interview Questions

• What is the greatest example of customer service that you have performed.   Answer Question

Early CareerProgram (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a "phone screening" to start. There was a lot of behavioral questions that I was personally not expecting. Kind of my fault for not preparing better, but it was behavioral question after behavioral question. Probably about 6-8 of these. Other than that there was pretty basic interview questions such as why you applied, why you're interested, etc, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to convince people in a group about an idea? How did you convince them that your idea was better?   Answer Question