MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and was called for an in office interview within 2 weeks. Interviewed with four actuaries in the company, then went on a tour and had lunch with 2 actuarial students.

Interview Questions

Very early deadline to accept.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process involved one interview with a company recruiter which focused on experience, skills and personality. Subsequent interviews with hiring manager, division manager, and two employees in current position. The subsequent interviews placed a large emphasis on personality fit with the division and ability to adapt.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the business accomplishment of which I was most proud.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This was my first position out of college, and was therefore happy just to have a full-time position offered. However, the starting salary was very fair, and I was offered a signing bonus (without having to ask). The only negotiation needed was with regard to starting date, and HR and management were extremely accommodating.

Intern Interview

Interview

– Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Interview Questions

• Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Mass Mutual?   Answer Question

Negotiation

i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

# interviews then offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was commission only

Interview

You interview with about 5-7 people (some of which are also Actuarial Cosultants). You also have a lunch interview which is designed to inform them what you are like under less formal situations.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes you might be given a case study depending on who is interviewing you.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It was the first interview so it mostly consisted of these two males explaining what the company is all about and if they send you a personality test and complete it you will find out that day whether you go to a 2nd rounder.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a potential client says "Why would I choose you to invest my 20,000 when I can get Bob over here who has 8 years of experience and has proven himself in the industry?"   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Interview

3 interviews. One with recruiter, one with partner, one with general agent.

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Know your numbers. Be prepared to show - in metrics fashion - how you achieved objectives.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose you when there is the interest we've had?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary agreeable

Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Recruiter called after a distant relative gave them my name. They called, I came in. The experience itself was a bit odd--the recruiter seemed like a nice guy, but honestly a bit "showy." Made MassMutual seem like the biggest dream job there ever was. Told me I could get rich. That kind of stuff. Not a terrible experience, but I just realized during my interview that the culture wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected; although he was clearly probing me to see how many contacts they could use to try and sell insurance to.   Answer Question