MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.7

86 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

– Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Interview Questions

• Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It was the first interview so it mostly consisted of these two males explaining what the company is all about and if they send you a personality test and complete it you will find out that day whether you go to a 2nd rounder.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a potential client says "Why would I choose you to invest my 20,000 when I can get Bob over here who has 8 years of experience and has proven himself in the industry?"   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.

Compliance Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in November 2017.

Interview

I️ submitted my resume online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. She scheduled an interview about a week later. The recruiter called almost 10 minutes late for the interview. She then rushed me and stated that we had already talked, she had my info, was sending me forward to the next step and I️ would be contacted within 7 - 10 days. I️ explained that we hadn’t talked, but she was adamant and said she had everything she needed. 2 weeks passed and I️ emailed the recruiter to check the status. A few hours later, I️ received an automated thanks but no thanks email. I️ still have no idea what happened. Based on my experience, I️ don’t think I️ would have wanted to work for this company.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Many different interviews, including a panel. Does not look like one person coordinated or talked woth others, about the candidates or the position. Left doubts who was running the place. Watch IT jobs, most IT jobs are in the business not in IT.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, but since this company s not cost or schedule driven, I suggest ou talk about scope.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

There was suppose be one internal interview, there were 6. They kept canceling and rescheduling and the last interview seemed very uninterested. The others were nice but the process was so long for internal candidates.

Monitoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen specifying requirements an onsite was scheduled. Lo an behold when I get there there was no position, nothing in process and a complete lack of understanding of the requirements fleshed out by me in the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few technical questions and I got the distinct feeling they were looking for engineering or architectural suggestions.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer