MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

– Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Interview Questions

• Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Interview

It was the first interview so it mostly consisted of these two males explaining what the company is all about and if they send you a personality test and complete it you will find out that day whether you go to a 2nd rounder.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if a potential client says "Why would I choose you to invest my 20,000 when I can get Bob over here who has 8 years of experience and has proven himself in the industry?"   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Many different interviews, including a panel. Does not look like one person coordinated or talked woth others, about the candidates or the position. Left doubts who was running the place. Watch IT jobs, most IT jobs are in the business not in IT.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, but since this company s not cost or schedule driven, I suggest ou talk about scope.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

There was suppose be one internal interview, there were 6. They kept canceling and rescheduling and the last interview seemed very uninterested. The others were nice but the process was so long for internal candidates.

Monitoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen specifying requirements an onsite was scheduled. Lo an behold when I get there there was no position, nothing in process and a complete lack of understanding of the requirements fleshed out by me in the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few technical questions and I got the distinct feeling they were looking for engineering or architectural suggestions.   Answer Question

SAP Basis Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Even though I was referred to the hiring manager by a mutual acquaintance, I was still asked to log onto the Mass Mutual web site and register myself into their system. Then from this site you have to select what job you are applying for and attach your resume. I just found all this odd. Not hard at all, just odd.
    I received a phone call from the HR rep who proceeded to screen me with standard interview questions: Are you currently working. Why are you looking to leave? Explain some of your current responsibilities etc etc. A follow up phone interview was scheduled with the Basis Team manager and their lead Basis Admin. Started off with one on one with the manager. She was very nice. Gave a quick review of their environment and what they were looking for. When the Lead joined the call (also very nice) he proceeded to ask some technical questions. It wasn't a grilling by any means. The tone of the interview was very cordial. Following this 2nd interview, the manager said she would speak to HR to set up a time for me to come visit the office and meet the rest of the team. No offer has been made, and i have yet to hear from HR.

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example you providing leadership in your current role.   Answer Question
    • There were a couple of very detailed technical questions pertaining to parameter names and what the parameters affect in the OS   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Met with hiring manage, interview lasted a little more than an hour. Explained how to job worked either got $30,000 base + 50% commission or no base salary and 90% commission of your sales. Not sure about sales positions myself, they make me a little nervous but I thought it might be worth a try. You only receive a small stipend for the 2 week training that you have to attend in San Antonio, TX that doesn't even cover your food for the time so the rest is out of your own pocket. No compensation for mileage or cell phone either.